Friday, March 8, 2013

FO :: Kari Traa hat

Kari Traa is a norwegian mogul skier who has her own clothes collection. A few years ago this type of hat was in her collection and a lot of knitters copied it. Now it seems like this hat is popular again, so I had to make one for Eirin :)
I first knitted her another purple hat, but it got to itchy for her, so I will frog it and make mittens instead with the same stripes. She also wanted her hat to be a bit more baggy, so I had to add some stitches.
This pattern is genius as you can use whatever yarn and needles you like.

Untitled

Pattern: Niko's Kari Traa hat (free pattern)
Yarn:  50 g purple and 4 g grey Mor Aase ull/akryl, 4 g pink Mam'sell
Needles: 3,5 mm
Size: ca. 23 cm high and circumference to fit her head, ca 52 cm
Started: 1 March 2013
Completed: 7 March 2013



You find more hats like this when you do a project search on ravelry :)
The stripe combination is endlessly!

Untitled



14 comments:

  1. Tøff lue :)
    Utrolig kjekt med et slikt mønster som er lett å adoptere til ulike garnkvaliteter.

    God helg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kjempefin lue! Sånn fikk jeg lyst på sjøl. Takk for mønstertips:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great :) I love the stripes

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat looks great and I love the diagonal stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. den var fin! Strikker på en sånn lue jeg også, med litt refleks tråd strikket i også :) Gleder meg til den blir ferdig.
    Ser jo at fargene du har valgt var veldig fine sammen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the diagonal shape of this hat, lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Den lua har jeg også strikket og blitt ferdig med i dag, pussig at vi legger ut samtidig :-) Grei og enkel lue og strikke må jeg si. Ha en fin fredagskveld.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius and very cute - I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I love this! It looks easy and original!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! I love that you kids make requests for woolys! I have delusions that someday, I will have children who do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute hat! Looks like the perfect weather for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh- I love it! Such a cool pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That isnsomcool how the stripes slant that way. I'll have to check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥