Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIP :: Love pillow

Pillow


Knitting: After finishing the socks for my sister, I didn't know what to knit next.
I have Snowflake on my needles, but I'm not sure if I like the yarn... So I have put it aside for a while.
I also have a few dishclothes which I knit a few rows on now and then. But I felt the need to cast on something new. To knit something I haven't made before... So I found "Putefest" (pillow party) in my bookshelf, and desided to make some new pillows. I had some old cotton in my stash and hopefully I will have enough white to finish it.

Reading: I've been catching up on a norwegian series "Tre søstre" (three sisters) which are set in Målselv in the late 1800 and early 1900. I'm halfway through book 54. Yes, historical fiction series with a lot of books is normal here in Norway ;) And it's very popular with series set in the time from as long back as 1200. I must confess that I like this kind of series and have a lot of them ;)
I'm also reading an urban fantasy series - Lords of the Underworld. I'm reading book 3 at the moment and they are quite good.

What's on your needles?
What are you reading?

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely project. I look forward to seeing it knit up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of knitted pillows for my home, just haven't quite got there, but I look forward to seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "L-O-V-E" pillow!!!

    Does that mean you have read books 1-53????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have. But over several years though ;)

      Delete
  4. Elsker puden - den er fantastisk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, that feeling of casting on a new project, there is nothing like it. I never would have thought to knit pillows and now my mind it twirling with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you had any choice but to cast on something else. I'm in hate with many of my current projects. I think I just need to find some discipline and get'em done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black and white, I am sure your pillow will be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the pillow. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pillows sound like so much fun to knit! They are on my list of "someday" projects. :)

    My goodness, that is a long series! Is each book very long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pocket books with ca 250 pages.

      Delete
  11. that looks like a wonderful, lovely knit! how wonderful that you have a book series that you love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. the black ans white look so fresh together. Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This will be such a neat pillow! Black & white make a striking pair.
    Hey, if you like a type of book who is anyone to judge? I think I need to remember that myself.
    I started a Chinese, historical novel. It's pretty interesting I must admit as I tend to rebel against anything like that. On my needles are still the Rococo Shawl and a Camuse beanie, both that haven't been touched in days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the classic black and white combination, it always looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I like the look of the pillow knitting.
    Those books sound interesting too.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks lovely.. looking forward to seeing the FO :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The black and white is very nice.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥