Wednesday, June 26, 2013
WIP :: Love pillow
Knitting: After finishing the socks for my sister, I didn't know what to knit next.
I have Snowflake on my needles, but I'm not sure if I like the yarn... So I have put it aside for a while.
I also have a few dishclothes which I knit a few rows on now and then. But I felt the need to cast on something new. To knit something I haven't made before... So I found "Putefest" (pillow party) in my bookshelf, and desided to make some new pillows. I had some old cotton in my stash and hopefully I will have enough white to finish it.
Reading: I've been catching up on a norwegian series "Tre søstre" (three sisters) which are set in Målselv in the late 1800 and early 1900. I'm halfway through book 54. Yes, historical fiction series with a lot of books is normal here in Norway ;) And it's very popular with series set in the time from as long back as 1200. I must confess that I like this kind of series and have a lot of them ;)
I'm also reading an urban fantasy series - Lords of the Underworld. I'm reading book 3 at the moment and they are quite good.
What's on your needles?
What are you reading?
Labels:
hearts,
Keep Calm Craft On,
Knitting,
pillow,
wip-wednesday,
Yarn Along
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a lovely project. I look forward to seeing it knit up!
ReplyDeleteLove-ly:-)
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of knitted pillows for my home, just haven't quite got there, but I look forward to seeing yours!
ReplyDeleteLove the "L-O-V-E" pillow!!!
ReplyDeleteDoes that mean you have read books 1-53????????????
Yes I have. But over several years though ;)
DeleteElsker puden - den er fantastisk :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes, that feeling of casting on a new project, there is nothing like it. I never would have thought to knit pillows and now my mind it twirling with ideas.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you had any choice but to cast on something else. I'm in hate with many of my current projects. I think I just need to find some discipline and get'em done!
ReplyDeleteLove the black and white, I am sure your pillow will be fab!
ReplyDeleteThat's going to be amazing.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pillow. :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Debbie
Pillows sound like so much fun to knit! They are on my list of "someday" projects. :)
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, that is a long series! Is each book very long?
They are pocket books with ca 250 pages.
Deletethat looks like a wonderful, lovely knit! how wonderful that you have a book series that you love so much!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. the black ans white look so fresh together. Very, very nice!
ReplyDeleteThis will be such a neat pillow! Black & white make a striking pair.
ReplyDeleteHey, if you like a type of book who is anyone to judge? I think I need to remember that myself.
I started a Chinese, historical novel. It's pretty interesting I must admit as I tend to rebel against anything like that. On my needles are still the Rococo Shawl and a Camuse beanie, both that haven't been touched in days.
I love the classic black and white combination, it always looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I like the look of the pillow knitting.
ReplyDeleteThose books sound interesting too.
Enjoy
loks amazing
ReplyDeletelooks lovely.. looking forward to seeing the FO :)
ReplyDelete