Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WIP :: Socks and a minion

Untitled


Knitting and crocheting: I'm still working on my minion. Seems like it takes me forever to finish him... But I have promised the kids to have him done this week.
And I am knitting on two pairs of socks - both for me :) The red pair is making me frustrated as the stripes will not match.... And the purple pair is another one of Sazza's pattern - Waihi socks. Love the pattern! I have made some modifications, but more about that when they are finished.

Reading: Drømmeløs by Jørgen Brekke. This is the second book in a series about the detectiv Odd Singsaker. I loved the first book Nådens omkrets, and I don't think this one will dissapoint me!


In 1767, a poor singer escapes from Stockholm after having insulted the daughter of one of the city's most powerful men. The same year finds the drunken and quarrelsome policeman Nils Bayer a naked man on the shore rocks outside Trondheim.
Winter of 2011, a woman is found murdered in Kuhaugen in the same city. The killer has placed a music box with unknown tune on her chest. As a young girl disappears from her home,  investigator Odd Singsaker fear that they only have a short time before she too becomes a victim of the man with the music box.
The crimes are separated in time by almost 250 years. But one thing seems to tie the cases together, the fragile melody from the music box.


Untitled


And we have been out hiking today :)
You can read more about that and see more potos in our outdoor blog.

12 comments:

  1. The socks look really good. Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both socks.. the pattern in the grey pair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both socks look great. I love the colors in the stripe sock. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really interesting read. My Norwegian isn't the best, I wonder if there is a Danish or English translation?

    The socks look wonderful. I really like the red pair and the texture of the 2nd pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks are gorgeous...I don't see where the stripes aren't meeting? They look great to me but then I have just frogged 2 projects, one being socks so everyone elses knitting looks great! I think I will always be a novice! LOL!
    The book sounds good as I always love mysteries. Your children are so cute and what a beautiful view of your country. I love to hike with my dogs...my children are all grown. Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am one who doesn't care about matching stripes. I like it when each sock has its own personality.
    The red pair reminds me of an alley of fall foliage and trees. The people reminds me of ube, the purple team my aunt used t to give me on Oahu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those striping yarns are tricky arne't they, I either have to have them matched near perfectly or completely unmatched! Your socks are looking great, and looks like a great hike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flotte sokker, og boka hørtes interessant ut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to look up the minion part of this since I wasn't sure what it could be in the context of knitting! I see.... haven't really watched the films.

    I wouldn't personally worry about the red stripes not matching, won't that give them character? They look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's not to love about Autumn themed socks? Mismatching suits that colour everywhere season.
    Gorgeous purple socks, those are pretty cables.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Må ha gått glipp av nokka her.. ka du lage som du skal ha Minion figur på? Æ har nemlig en assistent på 21 år som e helt GAL etter dem! (Vi har begge installert spill på mobil), så æ har lyst å gi ho nokka med dem til bursdagen hennes den 14.sept...

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥