Wednesday, August 21, 2013
WIP :: Socks and Minions
Reading: I'm still lingering in the wonderful world of The Forgotten Garden. I'm about halfway through it and I love the story! The first book by Kate Morton - The House At Riverton, left me a bit disappointed, but this one is SO good! Just hoping her next two books are just as good :)
Knitting and crocheting: Swallowtail is blocking - so fo post soon :) You know me, I must have a pair of socks on the needles. And Hubby still needs more socks, so I found a blue skein in my stash and casted on a simple rib sock. First one done and I'm starting the heel on the second one.
And as you can see, the minion is not done... Instead I had to cast on a second one. Both Endre and Eirin wanted one, so I think it's best I finish them at the same time ;) Hopefully I'll have them done this week.
Labels:
Books,
Crochet,
Keep Calm Craft On,
Knitting,
minion,
Socks,
wip,
wip-wednesday,
Yarn Along
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aww minion hats - I went to see the 2nd movie on my birthday!! Awesome sock colour too. Have a knitty Wednesday xx
ReplyDeleteNot hats, but a pair of softies ;)
DeleteBut I might make a hat for my youngest.
Your socks are gorgeous, looking forward to seeing them done :)
ReplyDeleteNow a Minion is something I would consider making they are too adorable, look forward to seeing them completed!
x
Natalie
Marigolds' Loft
I agree...I read The Forgotten Garden first (and absolutely LOVED it), then The House at Riverton (did not LOVE, but was okay)....I am reading The Distant Hours now....I'm not as enthralled as I was with The Forgotten Garden, but I do like the story a bit more than The House at Riverton.....I crocheted a minion awhile ago, but just made up the pattern as I went along....
ReplyDeleteI adore Kate Morton. I am listening to The Secret Keeper on my ipod when I run and have been eyeing The Forgotten Garden so will have to see about picking it up.
ReplyDeleteI love your socks! Hand-knit socks are just the best - but I do have such trouble getting through knitting a pair! I get so bored and just want to be done with them.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing your finished Minion!
Great book and love all your knits. Deb x
ReplyDeletei love your knitting, and looking forward to seeing your swallowtail.
ReplyDeletehats are hilarious! what a great idea. :)
ReplyDeletethose socks look great. love that yarn
Loving the colorway of those socks. :) Hope you'll share your swallowtail! ~Lisa
ReplyDeleteVery excited to see your finished minions!
ReplyDeleteYeah on all of these projects. Boy those minions are gonna be big.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reading recommendation. I have never read any Kate Morton books, so will be sure to start with The Forgotten Garden. Your socks look terrific!
ReplyDeleteI like Kate Morton, I'm glad you do too :) Great sock, and hurray for Minions.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to seeing the swallowtail in its blocked form!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the book recommendation and I love Minions! I didn't know there was a pattern out there and it's free! Here I go! Thank you. The socks look good and it reminds me I need to get going on mine. Great work!
ReplyDeleteWow those minions are looking lovely, I need to get some yellow as my kids are quite desperate for me to make them some! I have added the book to my list of ones to read!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great!
ReplyDelete