Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WIP :: Waffel Socks

Untitled


Knitting: Hubby and I have been catching up on Walking Dead this summer as one of the tv channels have been showing seasons 1-3 with 4 episodes each Friday. And when I'm watching tv I need to knit, and the easiest to knit is socks. So this Friday when we sat down to watch I casted on a pair of Bluberry Waffel socks. It's a pattern I have knitted several times and I like it. It's easy, but still pretty.

Reading: I finished The Forgotten Garden on Monday. And wow - I loved it! If you haven't read it, you must. As I loved this novel so much, I don't dare to read the next book of her just yet. I need to let this one sink in a bit first. So I picked up the last book in the Parasol Protectorate - Timeless. I love this series and as this is the last book, I've been holding on to it for a while ;) I'm three chapters in and Gail Carriger doesn't dissapoint!
Alexia Tarabotti, Lady Maccon, has settled into domestic bliss. Of course, being Alexia, such bliss involves integrating werewolves into London High society, living in a vampire's second best closet, and coping with a precocious toddler who is prone to turning supernatural willy-nilly. Even Ivy Tunstell's acting troupe's latest play, disastrous to say the least, cannot put a damper on Alexia's enjoyment of her new London lifestyle.
 Until, that is, she receives a summons from Alexandria that cannot be ignored. With husband, child, and Tunstells in tow, Alexia boards a steamer to cross the Mediterranean. But Egypt may hold more mysteries than even the indomitable Lady Maccon can handle. What does the vampire Queen of the Alexandria Hive really want from her? Why is the God-Breaker Plague suddenly expanding? And how has Ivy Tunstell suddenly become the most popular actress in all the British Empire?

What are you knitting and reading this week??

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous yarn! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the patten of your socks.
    I can't wait to read The Forgotten Garden, it's next on my list so I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine sokker! Så vaffelsokker hos Annepålandet også, og jeg har veldig lyst til å strikke slike. De ser ut til å ha god passform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jeg syns de sitter veldig godt på foten :)

      Delete
  4. I have seen the waffle sock pattern for years but I don't think I have ever knit it. The yarn is gorgeous! Is it Zauerball?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree socks are great TV knitting! Yours look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pattern! Lovely yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm crazy about the variegation in your yarn! It definitely screams berry to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished #18 in the Stephanie Plum series. I'm knitting a simple sock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oo I like that pattern, they look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting sounding book. You are so quick with socks! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, socks are small and they are perfect to knit while watching tv ;)

      Delete
  11. Love the yarn you're using. Forgotten Garden is on my list to read. Glad to hear you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colour and pattern, I've just put it in my Ravelry queue. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great pattern, will have to try it soon. I adore the yarn you choose, wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh hege i love your socks! is walking dead the show about zombies? eeps! i cannot watch that (my husband does) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Yes, it's the one with zombies ;) I didn't want to watch it either, but we didn't find anything else to watch one night and suddenly we were hooked.
      It's a bit creepy, but now I just need to find out how it's going to end.

      Delete
  15. I loved that "when I'm watching tv I need to knit" :))) I feel the same :) Lovely yarn you've chosen for your new socks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the socks and wish it was a toe-up pattern as that is what I want to try for my first socks. I have The Forgotten Garden on my shelf but have yet to tackle it.
    -smiles-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can knit this as a toe-up too. Just add the pattern to the sock you want to knit ;)

      Delete
  17. Så fine sokker i sprek farge:)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥