Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

What are you knitting and reading this week? I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along.

We are in the third day of cold weather here, the second with -25 C, so I'm feeding the woodstove and are drinking tea today.

Knitting: In one of the Norwegian groups on Ravelry we are trying to knit up our stash. And one way of doing it is by picking out about 600 g of yarn and try to knit it up by the end of April. Here's a photo of the yarn I found in my stash. and one of the balls of yarn I found was a ball of Freedom Spirit I have had in my stash for years. I think I got it in a swap and have never known what to knit out of it as it's just 50 g. But after some browsing on Ravelry I decided to cast on a pair of Nalu mitts. And they are turning out great :)

Reading: Last night I finished The Ice Twins. And what a heartbreaking story it was! So if you haven't read it you must. Tonight I'm starting The Husband's Secret.

IMG_20170102_114937

Even though it's freezing cold outside, it's so beautiful and the sky makes promises of a returning sun.
It was cold, but still refreshing when I went for a walk yesterday. All bundled up in wool ;) But despite wearing a woolly tights, my butt and thighs were SO cold when I got home. I might have to knit a pair of Majas Mamelucker to keep warm ;)

IMG_20170103_114206


4 comments:

  1. Haha, woolly underwear would be just the thing to keep you snug:) The books sound very interesting, thanks for linking them to Goodreads. And that yarn looks great as muffs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that is definitely cold! I'm not sure I can read a heartbreaking story right now, I am all about the self-help, simple living books in January usually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year! I love working from the stash which is what I usually do after the holidays. I've bought enough and have much to work from. Lovely photo of the fire and books and knitting. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gently colors in that yarn. Good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥