Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Yarn Along

Untitled

What are you knitting and reading this week? I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along.

Knitting: Kofter (a jacket with traditional norwegian stranded knitting) is the thing to knit in Norway and has been for a long time. And with several new knit books with kofter and patterns getting a modern update the last couple of years, the kofte knitting is bigger than ever!
I have so many I want to knit... I have even found an old pattern named "Hege", so of course I need to knit it some day ;) But right now I have the Setesdalskofte on my needles. I am having a little gauge trouble... so after a bit of ripping I found out I had to go down in the size to get it to fit me. It's the first time i am knitting with Tove yarn and it's a little bit on the scratchy side, but I think it will soften after a wash.

Reading: I've wanted to read this thriller since it came out years ago, but there has always been another book to read or it has been lent out at the library. But last time we went to the library The Boy in the Suitcase was in the shelf and I knew it was time to read it. I've read about 1/3 and so far it's good. It keeps me turning the pages with it's short and action filled chapters.

Nina Borg, a Red Cross nurse, wife, and mother of two, is a compulsive do-gooder who can't say no when someone asks for help—even when she knows better. When her estranged friend Karin leaves her a key to a public locker in the Copenhagen train station, Nina gets suckered into her most dangerous project yet. Inside the locker is a suitcase, and inside the suitcase is a three-year-old boy: naked and drugged, but alive.

Is the boy a victim of child trafficking? Can he be turned over to authorities, or will they only return him to whoever sold him? When Karin is discovered brutally murdered, Nina realizes that her life and the boy's are in jeopardy, too. In an increasingly desperate trek across Denmark, Nina tries to figure out who the boy is, where he belongs, and who exactly is trying to hunt him down. -from Goodreads-

9 comments:

  1. I really do need a class on colourwork this year! I am impressed with yours, hugely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colorwork is so even! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jacket is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your knitting is amazing and I put the book on my must-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY. So lovely. I love your color work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is going to look amazing. I know the feeling. So many tempting patterns calling out to be knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, to favoritter - herlig spøt og en god krim. Takk for tips, den boka ligger nå i huskelisten min på biblioteket ^_^ Skal bare lese et par tre bøker først :D

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥