Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Yarn Along

Untitled

What are you knitting and reading this week? I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along.

Knitting: I'm still knitting on my Setesdalkofte and the body is almost done and waiting for the sleeves so I can start the yoke. I haven't knitted as much on it as I had planned because I got hooked on a pair of sock... Which is done and will be blogged soon. This morning I casted on a new project - a pair of North pole mittens with polar bears.

Reading: Another library lend picked up just because of the beautiful cover. Do you do that? Read a book just because you think the cover is pretty? I'm sure I'm not alone ;) I'm not always lucky with the content of the book, but this time both the cover and the story is good.
Burial Rites is a true story set in northern Iceland, 1829,.

Agnes Magnusdottir is condemned to death for her part in the brutal murder of two men. Agnes is sent to wait out the time leading to her execution on the farm of District Officer Jon Jonsson, his wife and their two daughters. Horrified to have a convicted murderess in their midst, the family avoids speaking with Agnes. Only Toti, the young assistant reverend appointed as Agnes' spiritual guardian, is compelled to try to understand her, as he attempts to salvage her soul. As the summer months fall away to winter and the hardships of rural life force the household to work side by side, Agnes' ill-fated tale of longing and betrayal begins to emerge. And as the days to her execution draw closer, the question burns: did she or didn't she? -from Goodreads-

Untitled

7 comments:

  1. Det går framover med kofta, og den blir fin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colors in your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed with how much progress you've made on that sweater since last week. Also, thanks for the book recommendation - I've added it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a good book, and yes, I sometimes pick the library book by the cover. I'm going to check out the polar bear knit. I have a polar bear fan in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to the Burial Rites audiobook. It's a good story. I am definitely guilty of grabbing books based on their covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought on your page opening was How Beautiful!
    I am definitely interested in reading that book. I am guilty of picking a book based on cover or catchy title.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥