Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kakemenn

kakemenn

I don't bake much for christmas, but we have to bake "kakemenn". The kids are not hugh fans of christmas cookies, but these soft cookies disappears from the boxes in a hurry ;)
They are also one of few traditional christmas cookies Endre can eat since they are egg free.

4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons of butter
2 teaspoons of powdered baking ammonia

cup= teacup or coffee cup ( about 3 dl)
I have used butter without milk and ricemilk.

Mix all the dry ingredients and work in the butter. Add milk and more flour if needed until the dough is unsticky. This is enough to fill about four baking trays.

Roll out to about 5 mm and cut out desired figures. Bake at 200 C in the middel of the oven for about 10 minutes.


Break

Not much can be better than this. Hot tea, cookies still warm from the oven, knitting and the kids playing peacefully with lego :)
(And I try not to think about the pile of dishes in the kitchen...)


Ziarah has challenged me with this:

* Link to the one who challenged you, and write these rules in your blog.
* List 7 things about yourself, both everyday and crazy stuff.
* Challenge 7 people at the end of your post by mentioning their names and linking to their blog. Let them know that they've been challenged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I hate lumps (strawberries) in my jam, so I always mash it in a blender.
2. I love to read pocket series ;)
3. I am a wimp when it coms to driving a car, specially during winter...
4. Since I love to read books, I have started a bookreading blog too - Leseglede, but only in norwegian.
5. I am a little afraid of the dark, but try not to let it shine trough because of my kids. Don't want them to become afraid aswell...
6. I really need a haircut...
7. A week without chocolate is bad.

Since it looks like this challenge has taken it's turn around blogland I'm not going to ahallenge anyone ;)

4 comments:

  1. Those cookies look amazing! I hate lumps in my strawberry jam too. Luckily Smuckers makes a "lump free" variety here. Hooray! Thanks so much for the award-you are so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kakemen er godt! Har en oppskrift som blir kjempegod, må visst snart bake noen sammen med ungene.

    Ønsker deg en god helg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies look yummie! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥