After days (weeks) with rain, the weather got better today, And despite some cold wind we packed our backpacks and headed out in the forest today.
The girls are having a break on our "big rock" on the way up.
The forest has finally turned green and the cabin blends in with the forest.
Cloudberry flower
Parts of the bog is covered with dwarf birch.
We found several kinds of mosses and lichens. this is cup lichen.
When it comes to knowing the names of mosses and lichen,
I'm not good. But I know that the one at the bottom to the
right is reindeer lichen.
I'm not good. But I know that the one at the bottom to the
right is reindeer lichen.
And there is still some spots with snow left on places with very little sun.
"Kjuke"
It's a hard grey fungus which grows on birch and finally kill them. In the old days they used the soft material in the middel to catch the sparks when using flint and steel to make fire. They also used it to stop bleeding.
It's a hard grey fungus which grows on birch and finally kill them. In the old days they used the soft material in the middel to catch the sparks when using flint and steel to make fire. They also used it to stop bleeding.
And they can be wings of a butterfly ;)
The house of the forest faries..?
Beautiful photos from your hike!
ReplyDeleteWe have cup lichen and reindeer lichen around here too.
The baby birds are precious.