The weather turned out to be good, so we went to our lean-to hut today.
On the way up this chubby frog jumped beside the trail.
I don't think I have ever seen such a big frog before ;)
On the way up this chubby frog jumped beside the trail.
I don't think I have ever seen such a big frog before ;)
It had to be a queer guy, because he continued to
hide his eyes even after we put it down.
hide his eyes even after we put it down.
At the lean-to there was both sawing and hammering,
and Endre is quick to find his saw.
and Endre is quick to find his saw.
We built a little shed to keep the firewood in.
It still needs a door so we just hope the snow won't come yet...
It still needs a door so we just hope the snow won't come yet...
Hubby also digged out the firehole and made it bigger
before he put more stones around it.
before he put more stones around it.
The forest literally smells of fall when we walk in it now,
and with the red glow it also has gotten there is no doubt
we're close to the end os August...
and with the red glow it also has gotten there is no doubt
we're close to the end os August...
They are tiny, but we managed to pick a cup full ;)
I don't know what to make of them yet.
It's not enough for either jelly or fruitsyrup...
And I don't think a jam made of these will taste very good.
I don't know what to make of them yet.
It's not enough for either jelly or fruitsyrup...
And I don't think a jam made of these will taste very good.
And it's not just frogs that are big today.
This caterpillar fall down at Helene's head ;)
This caterpillar fall down at Helene's head ;)
Great finds on your hike- the frog and caterpillar are huge!
ReplyDeleteThose berries look delicious :)