Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ishbel is done :)



Ishbel

My Ishbel shawl is done! I'm so happy about how it turned out. I loved the colours when I looked at the skein, and I really love how they look knitted up too!!

Ishbel

My plan was to complete it as a part of the Knitting Olympics, but I lost all my knitting mojo :( And I didn't feel like knitting at all. Just another proof that it's not great to stress when knitting! It should be fun too.

Ishbel

Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda Teague.
Yarn: 1 skein Spunky Eclectic Tough Sock - colorway Rolling Hills.
Needles: 4 mm
Size: Large. I wasn't sure if I would have enough yarn for the large size, but I hoped so and knitted along ;) I did ran out of yarn, so I could only make half of the last pattern section.



Ishbel

I've just steam blocked it. I'm going to wear it as a wrap around my neck anyway so I guess it doesn't matter if it gets a bit wrinkled :) Sorry about crappy pictures, but we're having freezing - 25 C today, and I was freezing my fingers off!! I really need to knit me a pair of photographer mittens...

Swap package :)

When my knitting mojo got lost, I turned for my books instead - my other big passion ;) And when I saw that there was a swap involving yarn & a book over at the Ravelry book group, I had to join. And look what came in the mail yesterday! I'm sure I'll have my knitting mojo back with this two beautiful skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock :) The book looks great too. I haven't read any of that author before.

DSCN2684

And as I have mention before, our water is frozen :(
It's been for a month now, and it's not likely we'll have it back until late spring/early summer. (Which means June here...!) Our water well is running over with water, so that's not the problem. It's frozen in the waterpipe leading the water to the house. Hubby has been working hard several days to try to defrost it, without any luckiness... They say it's about 2 meters of ground frost - the normal is about 1/2 a meter... And it happend because we didn't get any snow before this very cold winter set in... So one really get another perspective on how to use water! We fill our water cans 2 to 3 times a week. And then we have about 90 liters og water. And to give you a hint of how much water is spend on a normal day when we have water running in the tap, flushing a toilet takes 10 liters! (So our "yellow is mellow" is being practising a lot now!) The only thing I could get used to by not having water, must be that I get all our laundry clean and folded every weekend! My mom does that for me, and I could never thank her enough!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, your Ishbel is gorgeous! I'm so jealous - you are the second blogger today that has a FO in the KAL! Not me, I'm slowly plugging along. I did finish a Damson earlier this year and just love it. I can't imagine how difficult it must be not having all the water you desire at your fingertips. It makes you really appreciate what we have when we have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kjempe fint sjal!!!
    Dumt at vannet er frosset.. håper det kommer snart uansett!!
    Flott bytte du har gjort! Sikler sterkt på jellybeansene ;)
    ha en flott onsdag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Ishbel is lovely! Do you have new glasses as well?
    I can't imagine having no running water! If it's for a day or two I could manage, but for that long?! Are you going to bury your water pipes deeper, once the ground thaws?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rålekkert skjal! Har en del prosjekt jeg må gjøre ferdig før jeg går i gang med det!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Ishbel! I love the yarn color.

    Having no running water would be awful, but not having it for months with young children would be very difficult! I send warm thoughts your way, maybe it will help the pipes thaw :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ishbel is soooooo beautiful!!! Way to go
    Good luck on the water- it upsets me to know you are going through this!! Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those colors! I was thinking of doing an ishbel but I have settled for the brandywine shawl which I started on monday. It is quite demanding lace (for me!) so I really need to concentrate.
    Oh and I am also in need of photographer mittens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monika: No it's the same old glasses ;)The water pipes are very deep already so I guess burying them deeper is not an option. Hubby's been talking about draging some kind of cable (don't now the english word..) we can pull through the pipe and up to the well. This cable can be plugged in the socket and it will melt any ice in the pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shawl is breathtaking! I absolutly love it! Wonderful! I think you're the first or second to finish the lace work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Ishbel is gorgeous! And I like your glasses. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Ishbel shawl. I was actually planning on knitting that one next ... I just finished my project for the lace KAL, too.

    Reading about your water situation made me stop for a moment and appreciate that I have running water all the time. I hope your water gets flowing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! That's what your shawl is... That's a lucky thing number 1, and lucky number 2 is that the sun is shining! Otherwise, the lack of water running in the taps is a disaster for a family of 6. Maybe an alternate pipe with heat tape to keep you going?
    I've gone without for a few days but only because I chose to be away from it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Ishbel shawl... just lovely... thanks for knitting it up and posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the shawl. It is so beautiful on you. The colors are so perfect with your skin. I CANNOT believe that you may not have running water until June! I'm so sorry! I suppose the laundry getting done is a wonderful silver lining but my goodness, what an inconvenience. I wish there was some way I could help (a million miles away...).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Herlig sjal, har lurt på å strikke det lenge lenge... Flott garn også, så ut til å kle deg veldig bra!

    Godt å ha varm ull i denne kulda, og syns veldig synd på dere som har frossne vannrør! Slisomt og upraktisk uten vann i krana!

    Ha en fin (varm) dag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nydelig sjal!! Takk for kommentar på bloggen min:o) Ang hvordan jeg klarte å få bilde av genseren; jeg tok "print screen" av genseren og limte inn i word, deretter klipte jeg bort det jeg ikke ville ha og vips så hadde jeg bilde:-) Lykke til!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥