Sunday, May 2, 2010

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week :: Day Seven



There’s one love that we all share: yarn. Blog about a particular yarn you have used in the past or own in your stash, or perhaps one that you covet from afar. If it is a yarn you have used you could show the project that you used it for, perhaps writing a mini ‘review’. Perhaps, instead, you pine for the feel of the almost mythical qiviut? You could explore and research the raw material and manufacturing process if you were feeling investigative.



g53

I love sock yarn in every way, but there is some other yarns I like too ;)
Like Sisik, which sadly is discontinued. This yarn is so soft and the colors is so rich. It's a Worsted / 10 ply Rayon, Acrylic, Mohair, Wool mix. I only had two skeins in red, two in green and one purple. The red ones became a pair of fingerless mitts.

Fingerless mitts

The green bacame a neckwarmer.

neckwarmer

And the purple a headband. I really wish I had enough red or green to knit me a sweater in this yarn, but I guess it would be hard to find now...

panta

4 comments:

  1. Oooh that looks snuggly - I love the coloured flecks in the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nydelige ting du fikk ut av de få nøstene. Jeg likte også dette garnet, og jeg skulle gjerne hatt til en genser eller jakke jeg også. Kanskje kvaliteten kommer tilbake en gang.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fantastic knits with really lovely yarn. How sad that it's discontinued!!! I wonder what yarn companies are thinking when they do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a bummer the yarn was discontinued. I once found some gorgeous Noro yarn at a shop that was a blend of cotton and silk, and soon found out it was discontinued. So disappointing.

    The yarn is very pretty. I like your neck warmer.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥