Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ponyo


I'm not very fond of Japanese cartoons like pokemon and so on. But the films by Hayao Miyazaki are just wonderful! The kids and I have seen Ponyo today and we absolutly loved it! Eirin wanted to watch it one more time, right away. But I told her to wait until tomorrow ;)
She has borrowed My neighbour Totoro at the school library so many times, that I might have to buy her the film ;) And I defenitly have to knit her some Totoro mittens and Totoro.

I've seen
Kiki's Delivery Service, Nausicaa and Porco Rosso.
But there is so many more I have to see - Haku and Chihiro, Tales From Earthsea, Laputa: Castle in the sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and Whisper of the Heart.
I've been browsing a bit at youtube, but it can't beat watching the film on the tv, cuddled up in the sofa - with my knitting ;)

Do you have any favorites?

5 comments:

  1. Joda, voksen dame som jeg er tør jeg nærmest ikke innrømme det - men jeg har nesten alle de filmene i hylla mi :) Howls moving castle er favoritten, den har jeg sett mange ganger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Howl's Moving Castle and Nausicaa. And I just purchased Ponyo... and can't wait to see it! You should read Howl's Moving Castle and House of Many Ways, the books by Diana Wynn Jones that the Howl's movie was based on. It is a cute and quick read and I'm sure your kids would enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 9 year old and I love Hayao Miyazaki too. Zoe's favourite is Princess Mononoke (she's a bit of a wolf-girl), I really like Spirited Away. We were a bit disconcerted by Earthsea as it mixes up all the books - the Earthsea series are some of my absolute favourite books. we haven't seen Ponyo yet, looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeg er også veldig glad i Hayao Miyazakisd filmer. Den første jeg så (sammen med eldstesønn og datter) var Katteprinsen. Datteren min likte den så godt at hun erklærte at hun ville kalle datteren sin for Haru.

    Jeg er en samler, og har nesten alle filmene hans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Juliet just loves Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. Oh, and Ponyo, too!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥