Saturday, May 1, 2010

Knitting & Crochet Blog week :: Day Six



I'm going for the wild card today ;)

Do you have a particular knitting/crochet tool or piece of equipment that you love to use? Maybe it is an old bent pair of needles that used to belong to someone special, or a gorgeous rosewood hand-turned crochet hook that you just love the feel of?


DSCN3243

I love needles. And these in red, metallic size 2,5 mm is my favorite. My favorite size when I knit socks ;) They have belonged to hubby's grandmother, so they've been knitted with a lot. You can see that the red paint is starting to fade on the tips.

DSCN3241

The red needles have always been the one I would look for when I should cast on for a pair of socks. But lately they have gotten some competition from these Harmony Wood needles, also in size 2,5 mm :) It's Skew I'm knitting.

Click here to see other blogs tagged with knitcroblo6, blogging about this same topic for Knitting and Crochet Blog week. And here to see other tagged with knitcroblowc.

DSCN3239

And I managed to finish this pair of fingerless mitts yesterday. They become a little thight for me, so my sister got them.
Pattern: Lepidoptera Mitt.
Yarn: 36 g grey Viking Baby Ull.
Needles: 2,75 mm

4 comments:

  1. Harmonies are hands down my favorite needles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skew!! to the Queue!!
    Does this mean I have to cast on AGAIN? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had thought to mention it to you! It will be wonderful for your whole family. My husband rolls his eyes, but when he has a camera in his hands, he'll go anywhere, and we do! I've found lots of caches in Norway: Bergen, Oslo, Karmøy, and Snåsa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fingerless mitts - so pretty! I've been drooling over the Harmony needles, too. Are they good and pointy?? Oh, and I'm totally going to check out Skew.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥