Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn Along.
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ... ~"

DSCN4741

Well, I'm still knitting on my cardi. Have quite a bit left, but I hope to have it done in a week or so. Haven't tried it on yet, so I'm hoping it will fit...
I'm reading several books at the moment, but the one that is my "living room book" right now is "The leaving of Liverpool" ("Ingen trygg havn" på norsk). It's a great story so far, I'm about halfway through and I'm eager to find out how it's going to end. I'm also reading (or more like watching pictures since I can't read Estonian..) "Kiri Kari" - a beautiful book from Estonia. Under is a few pictures from the book. As you can see it's toy animals and hand puppets knitted in traditional Estonian/Latvian pattern.

Hand puppets and toy animals from the book "Kiri Kari"



The socks I was so fed up with last time is done.
Pattern: Cauchy by Cookie A.
Yarn: 71 g Noir #MGTBLU.
Needles: 2,5 mm.

16 comments:

  1. The socks look awesome and I love those pattern books - my kids would go crazy for the puppets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys were wild about these knitted animals...so cute! Is it possible to read the patterns, despite the Estonian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina: I think it should be possible - I'm going to give it a try ;)
    There is some drawings of some animals with numbers of st to cast on, rows and so on.
    The body is just as a mittens, so it's the different heads that will be a challenge I think. But there is one step by step on how to knit a rabbit head in pictures, so it can't be that difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those puppets are incredible!

    Looking forward to seeing how your cardigan comes along - the pattern looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pigs are the cutest thing I've seen all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen puppets like these at the markets here! My daughter loved the cat one. My Estonian is nil, so I can't offer any help, sorry. All the vowels lose me. :-)
    The socks are fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The knitted piglets are adorable! I'd love to get my hands on the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The socks are fabulous! I am trying to get a pair of socks done now, but I keep putting them off. The knitted animals are wonderful. My little one would just love some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sockas are looking great! The book Kiri Kari looks great too!

    Greetings from Canada~ found you on Yarn Along :o

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your socks look so cozy. They can be such a pain in the neck sometimes, but so worth it right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one beautiful book you got there! Lucky you1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again. I looked for this book while shopping today. Couldn't find it. Will have to try again. :-) What is the publication date? Is it recent or not? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always have the worst time knitting in black. I just can't see my stitches well enough.

    Your socks look toasty warm! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vilken charmig bok! Skulle kunna köpa hur många stickböcker som helst...
    Ha det fint!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kjempefine sokker! Ser ut til å ha veldig veldig god passform.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥