Monday, June 27, 2011

Alone

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
     - John Muir -



The kids are spending the week with my mom, so I'm alone during the day until Hubby comes home from work. Since the weather was great today with 18 C, I desided I'd take a walk in the forest to our lean-to. So I grabbed my camera and a water bottle and headed out. I haden't come far before I heard some noises, I just thought I had scared a bird up. But no, just ahead was four mooses! I only managed to take a few (not so good) pictures before they saw me and ran away. So I sure received more than I seeked today :) Just wish the kids had been with me, but then again, I guess they would have made so much noice that the mooses would have ran off before we would even now they were there...


I must say I wasn't sure if I should walk all the way up to the lean-to, knowing there was four mooses running around in the forest. But I desided to walk on, and it was good to rest and have a sip of water when I came up. I couldn't sit for long though as I got surronded by horse flies :(


If it hadn't been for all the flies I might have laid down in one of these soft spots. Big areas of the  forest are filled with the flowers of skrubbær / Bunchberry. Looking forward to Fall when all this will become red.






This is my favourite forest flower!



Tiny frog

I almost steped on this tiny frog when I headed home, but I managed to grab him before he jumped his way into the gras.

10 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love wildflowers, so really enjoyed seeing your pictures. It is funny because when I was out walking the trail yesterday I was thinking I need to take some pictures of the wildflowers that are in bloom right now and post them on my blog. I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea!

    Enjoy the quiet while your kids are staying with your mom. It must seem strange to not have them around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day. A beautiful summer day by yourself to recharge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristie: I'd love to se which wildflowers you have.

    And yes, it's a bit quiet here, but it's good to recharge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm envious of your landscape! It looks serene and gorgeous! I imagine it would be hard to hold on o stress when you're surrounded by such peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love moose! The Arctic starflower is very pretty -- but all of the flowers you snapped are! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been admiring starflowers in my in-laws woods here! They are a favourite of mine.
    The moose are incredible - I'm glad you scared them away, though, yikes!
    Enjoy your quiet days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your adventures on your walk are just beautiful. I have not seen a moose in real life....yet. You captured a fantastic photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post! Gorgeous flowers...and I love the red sweater from your previous post. And your new hair style is really chic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥