Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ishbel

DSCN5308

Ishbel is finally dry after blocking. I was not sure if I was going to like the colours when I knitted this. But after getting it off the needles and blocking it, I think it turned out pretty :) The colours are a bit more sharper and intens than in the pictures.

DSCN5316

I didn't have enough yarn to complete the D chart in the pattern. But I think the size is just right for a shawl to wrap around your neck ;)

DSCN5314

Pattern: Ishbel
Yarn: 100 g Zauberball, colour: Grashalm.
Needles: 4mm
Size: The "wingspan" is ca. 150 cm and from the tip and up it's ca. 50 cm.



DSCN5317

I've knitted up a bib in green as well - must try to keep up with Project Spectrum :) Again the colour is more sharper.

DSCN5319

Pattern: Made along as I knitted ;)
Yarn: Mor Aase bomull and Gjestal Bomull Sport.
Needles: 3,5 mm

DSCN5321

Even if it's Summer now, Fall will soon be upon us. So I've started to knit warm things for the kids ;)
This is a pair of socks for Endre. I was gamling about having enough yarn - and I ran out just before the toes were done... So I used the little leftover from Ishbel to knit the toes with.
Pattern: Simple k2, p2 socks with a short-row heel. 52 st.
Yarn: Admiral Ombr, colour: Schachtelhal. I've used the leftovers from these socks.
Needles: 2,5 mm

10 comments:

  1. Ooh the Ishbel is gorgeous! Have been meaning to do that for ages, hadn't thought of using Zauberball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAke sure you have two skeins or else you'll run out of yarn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors of your Ishbel are amazing. It is so delicate to look at I'd be afraid to touch.

    Love the bib! How creative.

    And wonderful socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så nydeleg Ishbel sjalet ditt blei i det garnet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shawl and the color way is amazing.
    I must make some bibs for my grand babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Ishbel....love the color...and I love that bib!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your Ishbel is lovely!! And good thinking knitting socks for Autumn already. I'm doing that, too. But then again I'm always knitting socks =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ishbel is beautiful. I have just started wearing my shawl around my neck. Very cozy, and the length isn't so important. Socks are lovely, too. Good thing you're a green person! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, I love your Ishbel! So pretty.
    And that bib is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥