Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Wednesday again and time for Yarn Along and Wip Wednesday :)

Yarn Along

Knitting: I guess you all must be really bored about my sweater by now... I had hopes to show you a new project today, but the collar with it's k3, p3 seems to take forever to knit... But I promise to have something new to show you next week ;)

Reading: Instead of showing you (almost) the same books as last time, I've piled up the books I picked up from the library last week. I'm really looking forward to read all of these books! The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck is the next read in the Ravelry Book Group. The library only had a version from 1971, so the language is old as well. But I like that :) Lappskatteland by Annica Wennström is a family history and love story that spans from the 1860s to the present. It's filled with sorrow and pride of a people's history (the sami people) that is almost lost. You know I love to read fantasy, right? Well, two quite thick fantasy novels came home with me too ;) A Game of Thrones and The stranger. Not sure which one to start first... But I might finish some of the books I'm already reading first.. I have just a few pages left in both The Elegance of the Hedgehog and Napoleon's Pyramids.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you get the collar finished soon. Lappskatteland sounds like a great read. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Ginny's Yarn Along. What a great list of books! I've heard good things about A Game of Thrones but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes ribbing takes forever, especially when it's the last section of a project! The sweater is going to turn out fabulously though. :)

    You picked up some really great reads. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm watching the tv series Game of Thrones based on the book. Its very different.. kind of creepy, but enthralling.

    Good luck with that sweater! I just finished my first ever... but its just baby size!

    I'm following you now. You can check out my blog here http://lacafetiere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely a goodly amount of ribbing! I really like the color of that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband has been watching the TV series based on the book Game of Thrones...I'm not sure how it compares though! I too am working on a long project that I'm sure everyone is sick of. But we have to stick with it, don't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweater is looking great! Mine "might" be done this week. I have my fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not bored in the least. :-)

    That's a great sweater pattern. Can't wait to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥