Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

I know. It's been weeks since I had a Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday post here... But a combination of wonderful sunny weather and a internet connection that have come and gone, has made me a bad blogger lately. And a bad reader of blogs too... I'm not sure if I dare take a look at all the blogs I'm following - there must be so many post I have missed. And I have been knitting - just need the time to take pictures and blog about them. The kids have taken their Summer vacation from school and kindergarden, so we have a bit more lazy mornings now :) Today I had to grab a couple of cinnamonrolls for breakfast before they all got out of bed - or else I'm sure there wouldn't be anyone left for me later ;)

Yarn Along

Knitting: I casted on for an Ishbel shawl last night. I suddenly remembered that this month is green in Project Spectrum, so I had to look for some green yarn in my stash and ended up with a ball of Zauberball :)

Reading: I have a few books I'm reading it, but I have my main focus on a norwegian novel Før de ni verdner styrter by Andreas Bull-Hansen. It's the second book in a trilogy and it's the tale of Ty Ar, the norse war god, who returns to Åsgard after living among the humans in Midgard for 14 years. In this epic novel, the reader is brought along on a journey into the world of waring vanes, ancient jotuns and the ruling aesi, the god-people in Åsgard.
Endre and I are also enjoying Treasury of Animal Stories by Susanna Davidson. Endre loves animals, so this book is the perfect book before bedtime :)

11 comments:

  1. I have to say the novel sounds quite fascinating! And I love the yarn, what a wonderful emerald green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful morning! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee and a cinnamon roll, yum! Thanks for sharing the link to Whimsical Little Knits. The patterns are beautiful!

    My grand-daughter would like the Treasury of animal stories too.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely shade of green! I love the idea of Project Spectrum, very cool.
    Also, Ishbel is such a sweet knit, I'm sure it will be just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I love the look of the Ishbel shawl - so pretty.
    Mmm...cinnamon rolls...wish i had some for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very pretty shawl pattern. I have the perfect yarn in my stash that would work well I think!

    And your early morning sounds quite nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tea, cinnamon rolls, books and yarn! Looks like a pretty fantastic morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Je har aldri lest noe av Bull-Hansen, men fristes av dette innlegget :) Flott grønnfarge på sjalet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a nice morning, I want to learn to knit so bad. Its my 1 year goal :)

    www.suite4e.com

    (I'm having a giveaway on my blog-ends Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you like Twinings tea ... that's my favorite kind!

    That's a lovely shade of green yarn!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥