Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Books read in May

The Wayward MuseThe Wayward Muse by Elizabeth Hickey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I like historical fiction, and had relatively high expectations for this book. The first sections I thought were good, but then I think that the action happens too fast. I want to know more! More about what the main characters think and feel. And I also think that there are some loose ends in the book. What happened to Georgie for example?

I feel that the author has only scratched the surface of something that could have been a very good story ...


The Right Path (Mills and Boon Single Titles)The Right Path by Nora Roberts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It's great with books you can read in a day, don't you think?

This is one of those book :) And on a rather grey and lazy day, it was great to get lost in the love story of Morgan and Nick. It was a good story with a splash of love and a splash of mystery.



Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked it, but don't think it was as exciting as the previous books ...





Napoleon's Pyramids (Ethan Gage, #1)Napoleon's Pyramids by William Dietrich

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Well, I had hihg hopes for this book as it seemed like a version of Indiana Jones... The first few chapters was good, but then it was on and on about Napoleon's campaign in Egypt, which I found quite boring. The end was a bit more exciting, but it felt as if the writer rushed to finish the story. Book two in the series might be more exciting :)



Pinnsvinets elegansePinnsvinets eleganse by Muriel Barbery

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I was not sure if I liked the book or not when I started reading because it is so philosophical at first. So it took awhile for it to grow on me, but once I got into it I couldn't put it down.

We follow the life of Renee, a 54 year old concierge of an upscale Parisian apartment building. She hides who she really is behind a little sloppy facade. She philosophises about life and know a lot about art and literature. The other main character is 12 year-old Paloma. She is brilliant and has suicidal thoughts. She does not like the snobbish life and seek refuge with Renee. Both Renee and Paloma becomes friends with Kakuro, a Japanese who moves in. He turns upside down on Renee's life and she comes out of the sloppy facade.

When a book makes me cry, it is good, although the book did not have a happy ending ..


2011 Reading Challenge



2011 Reading Challenge

Hege has


read 41 books toward her goal of 100 books.


hide


view books






No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥