Wednesday, October 24, 2012

FO's :: Owlet mittens and Skull Cowl #2

Untitled

I've had these mittens in my queue for a long time and when Eirin wanted a new pair of mittens she picked the yarn and I the pattern ;)
Vottene er med i Pinnekrokens oktoberutfordring.

Untitled

Pattern: Owlet
Yarn: Østlandsgarn 20 g pink and 52 g purple
Needles: 3,5 mm, but I see now that I should have used 4 mm as I know they will felt a bit when used in the snow...
Size: A mix of toddler and adult



Untitled

Endre's Skull Cowl has been done since last week, but I haven't had time to take a photo of it before today.

Untitled

The proof that there is two ;)
Pattern: The SkullKerchief
Yarn: 50 g Mayflower Hit Parade #4217and 5 g Patons Australia Caressa DK 8ply #4550
Needles: 4 mm
Modifications: Instead of knitting a kerchief I made this into a cowl. I casted on 95 sts.



Untitled

And we woke up to snow today - yay!!

10 comments:

  1. Such nice and warm things, perfect for today´s weather! I especially like the owlet mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The contrasting pinks are terrific. So cute how you knit for your daughter and she knows exactly what she wants. The skull cowls are such a great idea. Your boy definitely loves his.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the mittens! and you have snow! I am jealous and hope we get more snow than last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow? How wonderful! You are really enjoying colorwork right now aren't you? I don't blame you, both of those projects look like they were great fun. I really love the mittens, they are so cute (contrasting with the skulls of course).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those owl mittens are very cute! And the skull cowl is hilarious - perfect for a boy to wear! It is nice the new items were ready for your first snow. We have already had our first snow here too, but it has now melted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flotte votter! Herlig fargekombinasjon, Eirin har tydeligvis god smak ;)

    Takk for bidrag nr 3. i Pinnekrokens høstutfordring!

    Hilsen Eirin
    -Pinnekroken-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Så lekkere ugle votter :D Og Skull Cowl var bare helt rå :) Tror jeg vet minst en som bare må ha en sånn ;) Ja ja da ble det nok en ting på lista over ting som bare må lages ;)
    Lykke til med utfordringen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skull cowl is totally cool!! I love the owl mittens too. Great color choices by your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥