Wednesday, October 3, 2012

On the needles and between pages

Untitled

Reading: I do have 7 books on my bedside table... but right now I'm enjoying these two the most :)
Edgar Sawtelle is a fascinating story and although I haven't read that far, I just now I will love this book! I started His Majesty's Dragon (which is the first book in a series), a few days ago and so far it's fantastic! Oh how I wish dragons were real...Both books is part of my Fall into Reading challenge.

Knitting: My Larch is done and is blocking as we speak. Hopefully the rainy weather will get better so I can take some photos outside of it soon. And as you can see, I have busy needles ;)

Untitled

You must be so bored of this sweater now, aren't you..?
But I am seeing the end of it. Endre has tried it on after I put the sleeves and body on one needle, but I think it looks a little small...

Untitled

I am almost done with my first Swirl sock.

Untitled

After seeing The SkullKerchief, I just had to cast on right away. But instead of making a kerchief I am knitting a cowl that hopefully one of the boys will have ;)

Untitled

And finally I had to cast on another pair of socks since it's Socktober :) It's going to be a pair of Van Dyke Socks.

For more WIP's and books visit
Keep Calm Craft On :: WIP Wednesday :: Yarn Along

21 comments:

  1. So many nice this - I always have more than one project on the go at the same time - makes it more interesting don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great but I must admit I love the sweater. The colors are gorgeous. I really hope it fits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the sweater, and no I'm not bored with seeing it. I love the striping :) I admire how you can read many books at the same time. I am one at a time kind of reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the SkullKerchief, have added it to my library as I have a skull maniac here also. Your socks are looking great, and no, not bored yet :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! That sweater has grown! I love it even more now, I just really love the color combination! You also have some very pretty socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome sweater, great design and colors. Do guys ware cowls in your neck of the woods? Around here I hear how cowls are for girls, they look so feminine. I like cowls myself, you don't have to mess with tying them etc, and they don't fall off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm not so sure if it's a guy thing here either, but since it's a skull I thought oe of them might wear it ;) I might call it a neck warmer instead ;)

      Delete
  7. Yay! Socktober! Lovely yarn and it looks like that's the perfect pattern for it! Can't wait to see those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you used for the sweater. Will we get to see it on? Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors in your sweater and socks. I'm hoping Socktober will help me get a couple of pairs finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweater looks great! I like stripes and the orange really makes it an eyecatcher!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many awesome projects going on! I love them all. I also wish dragons were real. When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a dragon,--I still do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kule strikketing på gang nå :) Deilige farger. Edgar Sawtelle klarte jeg ikke legge fra meg - vond og god bok på en gang. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished His Majesty's Dragon and immediately got the second one. It's a really great series. Keep posting about the SkullKerchief. I want to make one for my brother for Christmas, and I'm hoping it's not too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so many WIPs! How busy you are!

    I love the striped sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sweater looks great! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it fits perfectly after you block it, I'm doing the exact same thing with my son's sweater right now...

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sweater is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your sweater. It makes me wish the cold days were already here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was fast! The sweater jumped ahead in progress quickly! It's great.
    I love how your socks are comin' out. They are so neat.
    What a cool Skull Cowl your boy will have.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Genseren er bare kjempefin, herlige farger sammen!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥