Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On the needles and between pages

Untitled


It's a gray and rainy day here in the north. It's 2 C outside and it's been snowing in the mountains... So what else is there to do than brew a cup of tea, fire up the woodstove and grab my knitting :)
My Swirl socks are done and so is Erlend's Skull cowl so go check them out :)

Reading: It's the same books as last time, but I've desided to finish up Edgar Sawtelle - I love this book! I really hope there will be a happy ending to this...

Knitting: Do you miss an item on this photo..? Well, that's because the stripy sweater is off the needles - yay! Just have to see if it fits (crossing my fingers) and then I have to sew in all the ends. So hopefully there will be a fo post later this week.
So now I can knit socks :) The pink once was going to be a pair of Van Dyke socks last week, but they got too big for my feet and when I knitted with fewer sts they started to pool... So I casted on another pattern. It's the Zigzag socks from Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Sock Book. The purple once are going to be a pair for Eirin, but I haven't found a pattern yet. Just started the toe ;)
And ofcourse Endre has to have a Skull cowl too, so I've casted on one for him this morning.

Untitled


22 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects, and now I'm off to make some tea because just looking a cup makes me thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great looking socks! Well done getting your sweater finished, I look forward to seeing some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on the sweater being off the needles! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the sweater! Lovely socks, I've just finished a pair and was glad they were off the needles. Have fun cozying up inside and drinking your tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your socks are amazing!!! I am just starting with socks....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The socks are beautiful! I love the colors. I can't wait to see the sweater! I hope it fits:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh squeee - knitting on a snowy day! I love those kind of days.
    Your socks look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skull cowl is awesome! Lovely socks too. It's not as cold here yet, but it's rainy, and dark, around 12C. I've got some coffee (sometimes tea) and knitting, and reading too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. those socks are great. what a great pattern, it fits that yarn so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colors, beautiful socks :- ) It's cold and rainy here, too (Massachusetts, USA) and I have a hot cup of tea next to me.

    The skull cowl is wicked cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the socks are lovely! I have never been able to successfully do socks. So I am in awe! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - gorgeous socks! I am going to be brave and attempt socks some point soon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome socks! Happy Soctoberfest! If you're still looking for a sock pattern you might like Dragonfly Socks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at those socks! They're lovely, and I love the yarn you're using. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would never have thought to mix red w/purple. What a great colorway that is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love tea drinking weather too. I simply cannot wait to see the striped sweater finished, it is going to be really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your socks, they are progressing faster than my current pair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. For et koselig bilde! God stemning! De sokkene ble kjempefine. Det mønsteret der var veldig fint til flerfarget garn, og det er det ikke alle som er syns jeg...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful sock! Autumn is the best sock-knitting season. The little cables look great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous sock! The pattern works really nicely with the yarn! Also, HOORAY for finished sweaters! Here's hoping it's going to be a great fit!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥