Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP :: Route 66 socks

Untitled

The kids are feeling better and are off to school today, except Endre who has the day off today. So we're heading out in a minute to shovel some snow. The weather is strange at the moment. Yesterday we had -22C, today we woke uo to -5C and now it's down at -15C. During the night there has come 5 cm of fresh snow and it's supposed to rain by the end of the week... I wish it would stay around -5C, that's the perfect winter weather. Not too cold and the kids don't get soaking wet when the play in the snow.
Enough about that and on to the knitting.
I started a pair of mittens this weekend, but it seems like I will run out of yarn... It's a bit of gambling using up those small amount of leftovers in ones stash. So I have put the mittens aside until I figure out what to do with them. I might be lucky and find some more of the same yarn in my stash, but I doubt it. So I guess I'll frog them.
So instead I casted on a pair of socks. Hopefully I will have enough with 50 g of each colours. The pattern is Route 66 and I have the German book, so there has been a bit challenging ;)

19 comments:

  1. I like the colors in this, it really suits the pattern. (If you need any translation aid, feel free to drop me a line...)
    Shame about the mittens - I've been there, too. Frogging or making do with some sort of compromise solution that's not really perfect. Hope you find some suitable yarn in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll remember you if I need some help ;)
      But there's a lot of charts and good photo's in the book so I think I'll be able to finish this pair.

      Delete
  2. wow those are super cute socks, I love the colours!! Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE those socks!!! so much, that they might be my next project---thanks for sharing!!! (have you tried locating more of your yarn on ravelry? I search for the yarn, then look at projects that have used what look like my color----and have asked if there was any leftovers I could buy. so far, i've found everyone quite willing to simply share their odds and ends. knitters are such a generous, kind bunch of folks!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved that pattern for quite awhile, but haven't made them yet. Once I get a little further along in my queue...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Route 66 socks are so nice! I love the Knitting Around the World book, but have yet to finish a pair of socks out of it. And I agree with you about the perfect winter temperature being around -5. The snow stays nice that way, but it isn't bitterly cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! those mittens are amazing! wow. i hope you have enough to finish them off. and DANG! it has been COLD where you are. i was grumbly with temps in the 30'sF lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. These socks are outstanding! I added the pattern to my Ravelry favorites immediately! Patterns like this make me wish that every pattern was available to purchase online. Your color choices are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a pretty pattern, and i LOVE route 66!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the socks! I hope you have enough yarn to finish them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great pattern, love it and the colors you chose for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool pattern you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with the pattern of your socks! I'm always amazed by your beautiful colourwork.

    I agree with you -5 is perfect winter weather. It's no fun when everyone gets so wet in melting snow. We had a cold snap the past few days - down to -25 but tomorrow it's supposed to rise to 2 degrees! Such changeable weather here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these are sooooo lovely! The colours look great in that pattern. Looks fiddly :) but, goodness, they'll be warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 3-D st pattern is so dang cool!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥