Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On the needles :: Mittens

It's snowing like crazy in my part of the world today and it has since yesterday. Throw in some wind and you have a nasty weather outside... I spent an hour yesterday shoveling snow and I guess I must out later today and do the same. It's good exercise at least ;)
But I'm waiting to see if the weather gets any better first, no need to shovel all that snow now when I now there's more to come.  So I'm comfy here on the sofa with my cup of tea, my knitting and Being Human on Netflix, waiting for the kids and hubby to come safely home from school and work. I'm so glad I don't have to be out driving when the weather is like this!
How's your day?

Untitled

Reading: I've picked up Heartless again after putting away a few months ago. I really love the story and better read it so I can buy the last book in the series :)

Knitting: It's all about mittens now. My Nuthatch Mittens is just missing their thumbs and I have started on a new pair of Komi mittens yesterday.


I'm sure most of you have seen this as it was all over facebook yesterday, but I just have to share!
Aren't they cute? Shetland ponies in cardigans.  And I agree, if I visit Scotland and if there aren't Shetland ponies waiting for me in cardigans, I'll be very disappointed ;)

16 comments:

  1. Your mittens are looking super!
    Those shetland ponies are too cute, if you go to Scotland and you find some, do take a photo LOL!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mittens are gorgeous. I hadn't seen the Shetland ponies, they are sooo cute. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det er virkelig innevær i dag ja, selv om det heldigvis har vært en liten pause i snøbygene de siste timene. Flotte votter du holder på med!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the Orkneys last year for a week, I know not quite the same as the Shetlands but I didn't see any ponies wearing knitted cardigans there, but, I sure wish I had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is two Shetland Ponies close to where by father lives, i feel an urge to knit pony-cardigans now.. Love your bird mittens as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're going to have to start wearing your mittens while you make more mittens thanks to the cold!! Stay nice and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed at how quickly you do colorwork! Someday I'll get the courage to try it, just not yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing mittens! Those ponies are fab, I must have missed them on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness -- your knitting is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow and WOW. Love looking at your mittens, and hadn't seen the ponies! I wonder if it's a trick. I hope NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't seen the Shetland ponies in cardigans before stopping by your blog. I am so glad that I'm in on this. HOW FUNNY!

    No snow in my corner of the world. Just grey, dreary, FREEZING cold. I hope you're able to stay in knitting and sipping tea as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Så utrolig skjønne ponnier!! For en ide...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would you share with me how you block mittens?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those mittens are incredible!

    And ponies is cardigan - that's fantastic! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those ponies are so cute but the mittens are incredible. I need to do some color work soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your color work is fantastic! Glad you're safely warm. Did that well issue get resolved? Wednesday was a very productive day but I'm under the weather now.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥