Wednesday, January 2, 2013

On the needles, on the nightstand and plans for 2013

Untitled


Knitting: It seems like everyone here in Norway have knitted a project with Marius pattern except me ;) So I had to cast on a hat for each of the kids. If I have enough yarn I might cast on a headband for myself too.

Reading: I manage to read my goal of 100 books in 2012, but I had to speed read a few books and that was not fun. So this year I have set the goal down to just 80 books. The book I am reading now is the 39th book in a norwegian serie called Tre Søstre (Three sisters), set in a nearby village around 1890. Book 52 is coming mid January, so I am a bit behind... My plan is to read all the books from 39 to 52 until the 53rd come out in March/April.


So with a new year ahead of you, what plans do you have?
Each year I join a couple (or more) kals. I usually just manage to keep up the first few months... But this year I have joined a few kals where I can decide myself what I will knit throughout the year.
Like 13 in 2013.

My goals for 2013
  1. 13 pairs of socks/slippers
  2. 13 pairs of mittens/mitts
  3. 13 shawls/cowls
  4. Make 13 things for my kids
  5. Use up 13 of my prettiest skeins in my stash
  6. Make 13 projects from my knitbooks
  7. 13 gifts
  8. Hike to 13 mountaintops
  9. Make 13 projects total for hubby and me
  10. Make 13 projects for the home
  11. Read 13 books with more than 500 pages
  12. Listen to 13 audiobooks
  13. 13 walks / exercise sessions per month
And I guess I'm not the only one with lots of knit books on the shelf  that hasn't been knitted from..?
So I joined the group - Knit in 2013: 13 Patterns from 13 books and here is my list of projects and books to knit from :)
  1. Vott fra Kautokeino from Håndplagg til bunader og folkedrakter
  2. Sweetheart from Knitting Knee-Highs: Sock Styles from Classic to Contemporary
  3. Nuthatch Mittens from Colorwork Creations: Knit Woodland Inspired Hats, Mittens and Gloves
  4. Celtic Spirit Socks from Sock Club
  5. Inro from Knitted Socks East and West
  6. Hals i hullmønster from Myk design
  7. Plush from Knitting New Mittens & Gloves
  8. Hip and Happenin’ Wristwarmers from Twelve Months of Knitting
  9. Norwegian Snail Mittens from The Knitter’s Book of Yarn
  10. Komi Mittens from Knitting Marvelous Mittens: Ethnic Designs from Russia
  11. Estonian pig from Kiri Kari
  12. Sunshine from Sock Innovation
  13. Lithuanian Amber Socks from Folk Socks
I'm also going to try to knit along with these groups. It might not be each month as I probably only will knit the patterns I like, but it would be great to have a box of finished gifts for next christmas ;)

Dozen Neckwarmers 2013
Dozen Fingerless Mitts 2013
I Make Mittens
Solid Socks
Fingerless Gloves Fanatics 

And a hat and sock kal on a norwegian forum - Uformelt.
I am also going to try to knit up more yarn than I buy.

20 comments:

  1. Your knitting goals are amazing!! As for reading 100 books in 2012, that is beyond impressive. My goals for both knitting and reading are much smaller (13 sweaters/20 books) but fun all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lists and your knitting ambition! I'm going to think about what I want to knit up this year. Love your "13" echoing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hats are amazing! And I love your "13"s as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been in one KAL, and really didn't enjoy it; so am ok there. The only time I actually read books is on vacation and I've got some good ones planned. Made several rounds of reservations yesterday. Hilton Head SC, Park City Utah, and Aruba...so yarn and books will get packed. The knitting looks awesome. You must be very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovley pattern!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed with your goals and wish you luck in all of them! You do stunning color work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some really good goals. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, loving that knitting. It's seems so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your goals, reading them as made me realise that I need a plan too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - I haven't visited your blog for a while, but I am looking forward to visiting more often in 2013 because I always get wonderful ideas from your blog. What wonderful goals you have! I salute you! 100 books is amazing. I read 30 but was pleased with that. I think I am a slow reader, but I persist :-) There are too many people who never read anything at all and that is sad. You are very ambitious, and I love that you made 13 your key number for goals in 2013! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing hats, AND goals. I can't believe there are series out there with 52 books, that is so fun! Great goals, good luck for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, those are SOME GOALS! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so brave, knitting with black yarn! I'd have to sit under a spotlight!

    My goal is to destash, and buy no more new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your goals are very inspiring indeed! I am also busy putting together lists for new knitting techniques that I would like to learn this year etc...
    Wishing you a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in awe of your goals. My plan is to get out of bed every morning and just keep going.
    The hats are wonderful! I hope you get to knit a headband for yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 13 ganger 13 hurra for det nye året til deg!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the list of 13, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your 2013 goals! Best wishes on accomplishing them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great lists! I am always so curious to see a title "Lithuanian" something - like "Lithuanian socks" here :)
    And WOW - a hundred books!! I am reading Herbjorg Wassmo now, all the books, that are available in Lithuanian so far, and I find them so thrilling - all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ambitious you are this new year! Can't wait to see the evolution.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥