Friday, October 4, 2013

Cinnamon Bun Day

Untitled

Did you know Sweden has an entire day devoted to cinnamon buns? Kanelbullens dag (Cinnamon Bun Day) started in 1999 when the Home Baking Council celebrated its 40th anniversary. The day was created to celebrate Sweden’s rich tradition of bullar, or buns, and now it has become a tradition held every year on October 4.

So I  baked a bunch of them this morning- knowing the kids will be thrilled when they comes home from school :)

Untitled

So good and erfect to enjoy while knitting, but so hard to just eat one... The mittens are almost done - just the tip of the second one and the thumbs left.
Do you see the book in the back? It's a new sockbook by Bittami.
So it's a good thing it's Soctober, because there is so many socks I want to cast on from this book.

Untitled

And I know you'd like one or two of these don't you..?
So here is the recipe :)

Cinnamon Rolls - You get approx 30 big rolls from this dough

1200 g flour
200 g sugar
140 g butter
7 dl milk
50 g yeast
2 teaspoons cardamom
2 teaspoons salt

Filling

Butter, sugar and cinammon

Mix all dry ingredients and mix well.
Melt the butter and add the milk. Heat until it is lukewarm.
If you use fresh yeast, stir it into the butter and milk mixture before you add it to the dry ingredients.
Knead the dough well and set it to rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
Roll the dough out into a large rectangle.
Spread the butter and sprinkle with desired amount of sugar and cinnamon.
Roll into a sausage. And cut approx. 30 pieces of 3-4 cm thickness.
Let them raise the baking sheets until they have doubled in size.
Sprinkle with pearl sugar just before baking.
Bake at 200 C for ca. 15 minutes.
Let them cool on a rack.

9 comments:

  1. Those cinnamon buns look so good! I wish I was eating wheat so I could make a batch. I decided months ago that when I try wheat again, cinnamon buns are going to be what I eat first. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No excuse neede to help celebrate cinnamon bun day here in South Africa!
    Mmm...my parents would have been married 44 yrs today - there's a good reason to bake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy. I can envision your children's eyes lighting up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cinnamon buns look AMAZING! If only more people in my house would eat them, than me, I'd go make some right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! They look fabulous ~ can't wait to make them :))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delish! But I don't want to take the time to make them--I just want you to send me some!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinnamon buns, warm drinks, knitting, and a good book. Sounds like the perfect day for me.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥