Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wizard , selbu and more foxes

Joining Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday and Keep Calm Craft on 

What's on your needles today?

Untitled

Reading: I've picked up The Name of the Wind again. It's been put aside for a while. Not sure why, because I really like the story. So I will finish it before I start a new book.

"Told in Kvothe's own voice, this is the tale of the magically gifted young man who grows to be the most notorious wizard his world has ever seen. The intimate narrative of his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, his years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-ridden city, his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a legendary school of magic, and his life as a fugitive after the murder of a king form a gripping coming-of-age story unrivaled in recent literature. A high-action story written with a poet's hand, The Name of the Wind is a masterpiece that will transport readers into the body and mind of a wizard."

Knitting: I am knitting most of the christmas gifts this year and I think there will be lots of mittens because they are both fun and fast to knit. I'm almost finished with my second pair :)

Untitled

Speaking of knitting. I posted the two fox hats I made last week on facebook, and I was asked if I could knit two for a boy and a girl. So I did. The colours are a bit more darker blue and pink in real life. The light is getting weird as the sun is getting lower.

Pattern: I've used The Fox pattern as an inspiration, 108 sts
Yarn: Mor aase superwash and smart
Needles: 3 mm / US 2,5
Made for: Commission
Size: ca. 8 years
Started: October 19, 2013
Completed: October 22, 2013

Untitled

The winter is still here. No more snow has come, but it's cold.
It's as low as -10 C some mornings and as the sun is low and it takes some time before she comes around the mountain, it looks like everythig is covered in diamonds.
So pretty and so hard to capture in a photo...

Untitled


Untitled

20 comments:

  1. Love the hats, and the photo of the frost is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the black and white colorwork mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, those hats!!!! absolutely adorable!!!! love them so.....and the snow/frost photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mittens are such a great idea for Christmas gifts. You can never have too many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Just stunning... all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're just seeing our first signs of winter here in Chicago. No snow yet, but I'm relishing in the cooler temperatures and pulling out all my woolies in anticipation of wearing them. I love the mittens you're making!!! They're so beautiful! They look exceptionally luxe and intricate! Whoever receives them will be lucky to get such a generous and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snow pictures are lovely, as are the little fox hats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little fox hats. What perfect colourwork tension you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the lovely snow pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, those gloves are beautiful! I can't believe you say they are fast to knit... Love the fox hats, too. Wish I had little ones to knit for. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always in awe of everything you knit, it's alll so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mittens are so much fun to knit! I love yours, they are lovely. :) And the foxes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your little fox hats hege, congratulations on the commission, they are beautiful. love your mitts and beautiful snow photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, I am in awe of your knitting talent, and as always your photos are gorgeous!
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those hats! and those mitts are amazing.
    Sound chilly were your are! We've already had snow but the warmer weather seem to be back at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kjempefine votter og luer. Virker som ei spennende bok - jeg burde absolutt lese mer fantasy, for i filmverden er det en av favorittsjangrene mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, those ice crystals look neat. I had that book on my to-read list probably b/c you had it on Goodreads or something some time ago. It certainly sounds good after refreshing my memory w/the link. My daughter has even heard of that silly fox song from a classmate or something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely wintery photographs and this hates are just amazing and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those ice crystal photos are gorgeous! Although, I think maybe it's a bit too early in the year to be experiencing ice crystals. Brrr... It won't be long until we have the same here in Canada.

    Your knitting is lovely. You are a very fast knitter! It would have taken me a couple weeks to finish those mittens. :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥