Monday, October 7, 2013

FO :: Neon hats

Untitled

I don't hate acrylic yarn, but it's not my favorite yarn to knit with...
But the kids and hubby wanted hats in these colours so I just had to make some.
And the hats don't itch, so I know they will be worn!
In case you wondered, the orange one is hubby's - it's the same colour as his workwear ;)
My camera didn't managed to capture the intense bright colours, but just look at them and think neon! It's so bright it actually hurts to look at it in bright daylight...I still have some yellow I haven't used... So there might be more bright hats coming.


Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Patterns: Orange hat - Lorne's hat (free pattern)
                The rest - Kari Traa hat (free pattern)
Yarn: The neon colours are Flash from Europris. The black is Patons Fab and Mayflower Hit Parade
Needles: 3,5 mm / US 4
Started: September 24, 2013
Completed: October 6, 2013





Untitled

9 comments:

  1. De var utrolig kule da! Jeg nekter å strikke i akryl selv, men jeg tror nok at jeg kjenner noen som ville ha satt pris på å få noen slike...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color pairings! These neons rock. Love how the stripes slant up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy--BRIGHT! You won't be losing them in a crowd anytime soon. :) I love the color pairings too.
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the thing for a long dark winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Kari Traa hat. Do you know if there is an English translation of this pattern? TIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think it’s been translated to English.
      But it’s very easy :)

      You cast on 2 stitches and knit one row. Then increase 1 st at the beginning on each row until you have the hight you wish on the hat. Then you add lenght to the hat by decreasing on one row and increasing in the other row until you have the circumference you want. And then you decreas at the beginning on each row until 2 st left, Bind off.
      Knit 1 st before decreasing/increasing.

      Hope this was helpful :)

      Delete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥