Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WIP :: Mittens socks and hats

Joining Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday and Keep Calm Craft on

What's on your needles today?


yarn along

Knitting: I have said it before and I still mean it - not everyone I know is knitworthy... But I have decided to knit christmas gifts this year. Mainly because I hate shopping, but also because I want to make We live in a cold place during winter, so everyone needs mittens and I guess mittens is something everyone will appreciate. So I have casted on the first pair :) I'll try to use up stash yarn, but I know I won't have enough, so a trip to the yarnstore will happen soon.
And as it's Socktober I have to knit socks too right?!
Well, I found a pair of "læsta" (thick wool socks) in the bottom of my basket... Guess I must have started them last winter... So it's about time I finish them.
I'm also knitting some hats in neon colours o_O
Not my typical colours, but mom had bought me some yarn and it seems to be popular to knit hats in these colours here in Norway...


Reading: I missed this post last week, so I couldn't tell you about the great book I was reading then.
The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag. It's the 2nd book in the Flavia de Luce series and I love this little girl who loves poisons and solves murders.
Did you know that they are filming Outlander this fall?? I can't wait to see it! I have only read the first book in the series, so a few nights ago I picked up the 2nd book - Dragonfly in Amber. Loving it so far.

13 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea to knit Christmas gifts. I'm knitting socks for a couple of friends of mine who have been backpacking around Asia since the end of July and return home to the UK on the 2nd Jan. I think they'll appreciate something warm and soft on their feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow such an amazing amount of WIP's and some gorgeous colours in there too!! Have a knitty Wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the fair-isle looks amazing, I will be watching that project take shape :)
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so generous! I have a knitworthy list and I get rid of the non knitworthy people! I think your recipients are going to love their christmas presents this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely forgot about Socktober. I wonder if leg warmers count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you have some beautiful gifts on the needles!

    I started Outlander but never finished it. I'm not sure why. I guess I better get back to it before the movie comes out. I have a rule where I can't watch a movie until I have read the book first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that I'm not alone on having that rule ;)

      Delete
  7. Fair Isle socks! You're ambitious. And that black-n-white combo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a colourful collection of WIP's. I love the colourwork project :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some fancy mittens - everyone's sure to love them. Have fun yarn shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outlander series!! Hoping my husband will consent to watching the movie~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful knitting. I have read the entire Outlander series and just picked up the first book again hoping to read back through for the new book release next year. All of my reading is slow going these days. Bet I don't make it. Love, love, love the first two books in the Flavia de Luce series as well. Need to get the next one of that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Xmas recipients are very lucky to receive one of your handknits, Hege. That Flavia series sounds so awesome! I marked the first one to read on GR. I have had Outlander marked for quite some time. I think I may search for that in our library's database. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥