Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Eek, steeking

Joining Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday :: Keep Calm Craft On
What's on your needles today?

Untitled

Steeking: Well, I just have to do it if the jacket shall be finished in time for christmas... I mean how hard can it be? And it's about time I get over my fear for steeking ;)

Reading: I started Så lenge det er stjerner på himmelen  (The sweetness of forgetting) yesterday. It will be my comfort reading in between my knitting as it's a light read. As the story is about a bakery, there is a few recipes in it too. So I might have to try out some of them :)
On my nightstand is a pile of crime books by a local author - Jorun Thørring. And right now am I reading Tarantellen.

The North Star Bakery has been in Hope's family for generations, the secret recipes passed down from mother to daughter. But at thirty-six and recently divorced, with rebellious daughter Annie and elderly grandmother Rose to care for, Hope is less than enthusiastic about carrying on the family legacy. When the bakery runs into financial trouble and Rose takes a turn for the worse, Hope's delicate balancing act is in danger of crumbling entirely.

Then Rose reveals a shocking truth about her past and everything Hope thought she knew about her family and the bakery is turned upside down. At her grandmother's request, Hope travels to Paris, armed only with a mysterious list of names. What she uncovers there could be the key to saving the bakery and the fulfilment of a star-crossed romance, seventy years in the making.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your steek! Once you commit to it, I think it's kind of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started holding my breath as soon as I read the title of your post! I'm terrified of steeking too!!! I am going to start work on a sweater that I fully plan to steek, so I'll be looking to your success for encouragement! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steekng makes my eyes bug out. I think I would try it on a baby garment or a mini sweater before doing it on an adult sized project. I like the sound of that book. Has it been made in English? I will look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the steeking. I'm going to have to do it at some point with my current project and I'm trying not to think about how anxious the thought makes me lol. Taking scissors to something that's taken me so long to knit... *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you're so brave, and on that stunning colourwork pattern too... GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got it! Can't wait to see it finished, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll surprise yourself, and all of us! Snip, snip...

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥