Friday, November 1, 2013

National Knit Night




12 hours non-stop knitting - Watch us Friday night on Nov 1st at 20:04. We knit our way into the night by dressing up a Harley Davidson in knitting clothes, you will get tips on how to knit, learn about the history of knitting, and meet enthusiastic knitters. From midnight on we try to capture” the back to back” world record from Australia, which means that we will have to produce a sweater, from sheep’s back to human’s back in less than 4 hours, 51 minutes and 14 seconds.

I've been waiting for this for weeks!!
I'll probably need a power nap during the day to be able to sit up and watch until 6 am tomorrow ;)

And you can watch it too :)
Tune in and geek with us!!

You can watch the stream here: http://www.nrk.no/knitting/
The broadcast starts Friday, Nov. 1 at 7:40 PM CET - that should be 6:40 PM GMT, 1:40 PM EST in the US if my calculations are correct.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is creative. I'll try to check in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I wish we had so much excitement over knitting in the states. A friend sent me a link about the televised sheep to sweater world record attempt that is going on in Norway also. SO MUCH FUN! I would absolutely watch that. Your knitters really know what's up! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I would have read this post earlier. Any plans to do this again soon?

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥