Wednesday, November 6, 2013

On the needles :: Marius hoodie


Joining Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday :: Keep Calm Craft On
What's on your needles today?

Kniting and reading right now

Knitting: I am almost done with the marius hoodie. Both sleeves are done and I have a few rows of the body left. Then there is steeking.... I have decided that i am going to do it myself this time. I usually let my mom do it, but I feel it's time to learn it myself. How hard can it be, right..?!

Reading: I finished The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss last night. Loved it and I have to start book two soon. But I didn't have it by the bedside, so I just had to pick up another book in my pile of to be read books ;) And that happend to be The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagwa. I liked the fisrt book and hopefully this can live up to me expectations.

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Untitled

Endre and I had our lunch outdoors today - read more about that at Ute :: Outdoors :)

7 comments:

  1. Your Nordic knitting is so lovely, Hege. I am in awe, really. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan B. Anderson and letsknit2gether have great videos on steeling. I have yet to try it myself but they make it look easy.
    I have that book in my stack, Name of the Wind. I probably had that in my Goodreads list b/c of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern of the hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm .... I thought you steeked your last project! It isn't too bad. I assume you're using a sewing machine and not steeking by hand? I'm positive you can do it!
    I steeked an enormous brown sweater. You can see it here: http://spinsterbeth.blogspot.com/2010/11/steeks-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only I had time to make something like that! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning piece of colourwork, I hope to give this a go at some point soon. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rest of the week. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marius-mønsteret går aldri av moten - flott er det! Helt sikker på at u får det til, det har jo jeg gjort :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥