Saturday, January 16, 2016

FO :: Butterflies Are Free Socks

Untitled

First of all, sorry for bad photos.. I tried to take some photos outside, but the light is so blue here now that the colours just faded out as you can see on some photos furher down.
Anyhow, this is socks for me and the pattern is Butterflies are free. An easy to memorize pattern and a fast knit. They have a picot edge cuff which is not my favorite. But I think it looks nice with this pattern.

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Butterflies are free (free pattern)
Yarn: Ida Strømpegarn 40 g white #302 and 78 g purple #336
Needles: 2.5 mm / US 1.5
Made for: Me




Untitled

This is the first time I have made the gusset decreases under the foot.
I'll have to wear them a bit before I know if I like it or not. But it looks pretty.

Untitled

Yes, it was cold standing in the snow..
But hey, we only had -10 C today! For the last couple of weeks it has been around -25 C here, so today I could hang my laundry out to dry as it was so "warm" :)

20160116_123004    20160116_122940


IMG_20160116_140309

Due to temperature changes, everything was covered in frost this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Terrific socks. These will be cozier with the floats as extra insulation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful! Any update on how those gussets are working out, or has it been long enough yet?

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥