Wednesday, January 13, 2016

On The Needles


What are you knitting and reading this week?
I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along and Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm and Craft On.

Knitting: I just had to join the An Enchanting Mystery mitten along after seeing all the pretty cuffs popping up on my instagram feed. So I found some leftovers of finull, pt2 and hifa and clue 2 is done. I like the colours, but the purple shades might be to close in colour. On the photo (which isn't a good one..) it looks like there is just one colour on the hand, but there is two different shades of purple. It looks better in real life.
I have also casted on a apir of vanilla socks in fabel. They are going to be a christmas gift. Yes, I'm starting early this year!

Reading: Det frosten tok (What the frost took) is a norwegian book about strong women  Women who can help each other, but who are on opposite sides in a serious conflict. I've halfway into it and I am liking it, but hopes there will be a little more "action" soon.

The year is 1811. The Napoleonic Wars and the English blockade has led to food shortages , and there have been several bad years in a row. The hard struggle for existence has led to animosity and clashes between mountain farmers and Sami north in Østerdalen . Lea and Marjja are standing on either side in the conflict, but after a dramatic assault on Sami, an unexpected friendship between the two women occurs. They stand together to save themselves and their children from famine and death. Eventually they must also fight side by side, both against the merciless public opinion and the man who is looking for them.

18 comments:

  1. Oh my, the mittens are gorgeous! I wonder if your book is available in English? It sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I don't think the book has been translated to english.

      Delete
  2. great looking mitts.....and I'm intrigued by that book, too! English? do you think??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I don't think the book has been translated to english.

      Delete
  3. Wow your colour work looks lovely and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mitten is gorgeous, what beautiful colours and lovely knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those mittens are stunning! Love the design. Mystery knits are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your mittens are beautiful, such a delicate pattern. You are SO ahead of the Christmas gift curve! If I knit these mittens I honestly don't think I could bear to part with them. I can't wait to see the result of the next clue. Enjoy your KAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I am keeping the mittens ;) But the socks will be a gift.

      Delete
  8. What an interesting book you are reading. I'm glad you're blogging more, Hege.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love historical fiction, and when it's set in Norway even better :)
      And yes, I am trying to blog more often. It seems to keep me in a better mood ;)

      Delete
  9. Oh Hege! Those are going to be so beautiful. You make me almost think I could try color work. :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Of course you can! Just give it a try :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, those mitts are fabulous, and the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh what gorgeous mittens! I have some on my list to make - my gloves keep getting holes in the fingers and I have to keep sewing them up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mittens! The book sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥