Wednesday, July 1, 2009

# 5/52 Lacy ribs socks

lacy ribs socks4

My 5th pair is done. Toe-up socks are not my favorite, but I have bought Wendy knits book Socks from the toe-up and will give it a go ;) I even joined the socks from the toe-up kal at Ravelry and these are the socks for June. I'm very pleased with these. Wendy's magical cast on for the toe is really magic and so easy!

lacy ribs socks1

It's the first time I have knitted this type of heel - a gusset heel. And I must say it was a fast and easy heel, faster then a short-row heel...

lacy ribs socks2

Pattern: Lacy ribs socks from Socks from the toe-up.
Yarn: Opal Petticoat Cotton # 1340
Needles: 2,25 mm
Size: M

7 comments:

  1. Great socks! Love the colors. You are unbelievably fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the toe-up construction and I just love the heel. I would love to learn how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn looks great with that pattern!

    Toe up socks is the next knitting technique I need to tackle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks again. I'm sorry about your cabin experience in your last post. I thought all Norwegians were so tidy (LOL) I guess you discovered some who weren't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just today brought this book home from the library - I may have to try these. Yours are beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥