Sunday, January 10, 2010

Some help to make some of my changes in 2010 to happen

Remember my word for 2010? I haven't done much in action yet, but my mind has been working hard on this. And I've found some great things to help me :)



First there is "One small change" from Hip Mountain Mama.

"We want to challenge each of you to make 1 change each month leading up to Earth Day (April 22, 2010). It can be small or it can be huge, but all we ask is that you decide on something you will do to make a positive green impact and follow through with it. If everyone makes 4 changes between January and April, this can have a huge effect."

I had to think a bit over what we should to. We're already saving water, sort out our trash (paper, food waste and so on), turning off lights in rooms that are not in use, line dry the laundry and keeps the heat low in the bedrooms. But I've wanted to try out some greener detergent, washing agents and shampoo. So I'm going to buy Ecover products for the home and Urtekram for the body.

Do you take the challenge to change something for the environment this month?

Then Leah at the Creative every day have a challenge to be creative all day during 2010.

And I'm so gald I found this site! Lots of great idea to make it all happen.

7 comments:

  1. Great ideas, and all that should keep you quite busy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys are really making an effort to be more earth friendly- that's so great! It sounds like you already have lots of precautions in place!

    As for the lace KAL, you can definitely pick your own pattern! And yarn! The whole idea is for people to have support when tackling a lace shawl- and to get to know one another!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm also going to take the creative every day challenge thanks to finding it from your blog. :) HUGS

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the challenge! I love Ecover products! Good luck,Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Line drying is a big challenge around here but I'm doing better :). Also, wasting less food and water and recycling more. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great challenge, it fits in well with my own new years resolutions to be more environmentally friendly. I'm so glad I found this blog.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥