Saturday, February 6, 2010

Citron and playing in the snow

Citron

My Cirton shawl is finally done. I have enjoyd knitting on this, but those last rows was long... I love the softness of alpaca and the colours. I didn't had enough blue so the ruffle edge is gray. And no, I haven't blocked it - it turned out to small for me :(
It's just barely long enough so Eirin can make it as a scarf, but she think alpaca is itchy. I might sew it together somehow so I can use it as a cowl.

Pattern: Citron by Hilary.
Yarn: 100 g blue Mirasol and 50 g gray Drops alpaca.
Needles: 3 mm.



Winter's first snowmen :)

During the night we got snow. About 25 cm of white wonders just waiting for kids to come out and play with :) I just wish it had come a few weeks earlier... Our water froze yesterday due to the cold temperatures and wind. Hubby is working hard to see if he can get it back. It's frozen inside our water well, but it's lots of water outside... Hopefully he manage to defrost it so the water can find it's way in!

Sledding


Sledding



Winters's first snowman





And I just have to share this video! Have agreat weekend everyone. We're hoping for more snow and a hike to our lean-to tomorrow :)

12 comments:

  1. I love the shawl and I super love the photo of your son loving the snowman

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is beautiful and I LOVE the photos with your children & the snowmen. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shawl- I hope you figure out a way to wear it because it is really beautiful! I also love the pictures of your kids- their faces are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shawl, Hege. Your kids look nice and cozy in their snowsuits, but it sure does look cold out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastisk sjal! Nydelige farger og herlig form. Det er så deilig med snø - vi har det ennå på sørlandet også. Ungene nyter hvert sekund. Krykkegående mor lengter nok mer etter vår og bare gater! Fortsatt god helg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utrolig stilig sjal!! Og veldig orginalt. Du er jammen flink! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Det ble en blå og flott Citron! Liker dette sjalet, men det ble ikke til at jeg strikket det. Trengte andre ting mer :) Ser ut til at dere har hatt en fin dag ute i snøen...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shawl. Your kids look like they are having a blast with all that snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shawl. The blue and grey look so nice together. Too bad it is too small and the alpaca seems itchy. I've never found alpaca to feel itchy... Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sjalet ser riktig lekkert ut. Synd med størrelsen, men forhåpentligvis finner du en bruk for det :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥