Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The sun is back and a few elks

The sun is back.

The sun is finally back, but we only see the sunset here. It will take another week or so before she'll climb over the mountain top so we can see the sunrise too...

Elk calves

And these two have been wandering around our house the last few days. Their mother was in the forest when
these two came close to the house yesterday. I think she is about to leave them before spring arrives.

Elk calf


Elk calf


Elk calf


Elk calf

4 comments:

  1. Hei,
    Jeg er amerikaner og jeg prøver å lære norsk. Jeg er bare en begynner, og din blog er meget nyttig for meg, fordi du øversetter alle de setningen i engelsk. Takk for at du hjelpe meg til å lese! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    So glad to see the "elg" around your house. Beautiful time, and great pictures. Now for a lesson: I thought that "elg" are really "moose", but I really would have to look up the difference between Moose and Elk. They are great looking animals, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as I thought! See the explanation at wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's a bit confusing about the moose/elk ;)
    I had to check it up at wikipedia - and I've never heard about your kind of elk - looks like a deer...

    But it's a European Elk (Alces alces), also known as Moose that we have here in Norway. So I guess they are the same. I've always thought that moose was a lot bigger than our elk ;) It might be because I've seen big moose bulls on nature dokumentarys from Alsaka *lol*

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥