Sunday, October 24, 2010

A new woodstove :)

We've been busy replacing the old woodstove in the livingroom with a new one this weekend.

Before

This is the old one, which must have been here since the 60's I think. It made a good heat, but isn't the prettiest woodstove I have seen. And some of the tiles had falled off so it was not a very pretty corner of our livingroom... The only thing I'll miss about the woodstove, is that it was great to put wet hats and mittens on top of it to dry when the kids came in after playing in the snow.

After

Here's how it turned out :) I'm so pleased with the new tiles and the new woodstove! It makes the room so much more cosy when we can see the flames!


You know it's only two months until Christmas..? I've started with some gift knitting. I'm not sure who will get these socks yet, but I'm sure they'll find a good home in the end ;)
Pattern: 60 st, k1, p1 cuff, short-row heel.
Yarn: 62 g Opal Petticoat #1294.
Needles: 2,5 mm.

12 comments:

  1. I love both stoves!!! We're saving up for one for our basement but since hardly anyone uses them here, they're extremely expensive. It could heat our whole house and save us so much money. The socks are, of course, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new stove! It is so cosy to see the flames I agree. And thank you for that award Hege :) You know, I am a kind of lurker too most of the time, I read blogs but hardly ever comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the new stove you should be nice and warm this winter. Th esocks are great and I just love all the opal yarns. I may just have to start a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så koselig det ble!
    Vi skiftet ovn for et par år siden og er kjempefornøyde.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! Two months til christmas?! I better get working on my gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new stove sure looks like a nice spot to cozy up with some knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh the older stove looks like something right out of hansel and gretel, love it! I do agree though seeing the flames is a much warmer feeling!
    EnjoY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a funky looking stove!
    it makes me want to photograph our stove for a post. I love wood stoves. so toasty during the chilly months.

    Thanks so much for the award. I'm finding it challenging to find time to post much these days, so I don't know if I'll get around to passing it on. I guess I'm a lurker too mostly, but I do like to pop in when I can to see your lovely knitties.

    Love and light

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to start the winter. Hope you all stay toasty warm! Looks like it takes up less space too. Now if it will just keep the water pipes from freezing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. the new woodstove looks amazing!
    they certainly are very, very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Så flott dere har fått det! Tusen takk for award :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love those stoves! The new one looks very stylish, but that old retro one is cool too.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥