Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

It's the night before the night here. It's snowing outside so we're going to have a white christmas this year :)
The gifts are under the tree and we have all in order for our dinner tomorrow. We're having my mom, my sister and my brother for dinner. In Norway people have "ribbe" or "pinnekjøtt" for Christmas dinner. We have both - they are both so good it's hard to choose just one ;) For dessert we have "riskrem", and it has to be my mom's :) We serve it with a rasberry sause.
The kids are excited and I guess some will have troubles going to sleep tonight ;) And not to mention how long the day is going to feel tomorrow. We don't open our presents until after dinner here in Norway.

I hope all of you will have a wonderful Christmas!!


4 Pictures, Images and Photos

Sleep well, little children.

Sleep well, little children,
wherever you are;
Tomorrow is Christmas
beneath every star.
Soon the snowflakes will fall
and tomorrow you'll see
Every wish, one and all,
waiting under the tree.

Sleep well, little children,
pleasant dreams through the night;
Tomorrow is Christmas,
all merry and bright.
Soon you'll hear the bells ring,
time for dreams to come true
As the world wakes to bring
Merry Christmas to you.


A.Bergman, L.Klatzkin (c) 1956

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too! As my parents come from Denmark, we also celebrate on Christmas Eve and have a pork roast (ribbe) and ris a l'amande (riskrem) as you do, although we usually do our dessert with cherry sauce instead of raspberry. I always remember having trouble waiting till after dinner to open presents when I was a child - hope your kids can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh T would love that rice pudding. I can't eat any myself without her tugging on my leg wanting some.
    Hope you have a wonderful christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Sounds like you have a wonderful day ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! I looked up riskrem and my friends and I might make that this year. It looks delicious!

    No snow here on the east coast, but we're supposed to get a big load of it later this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Jul or should I say God Fortsättning!
    Santa(Tomten) came to our kids overnight between Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day morning, so no real waiting, just the problem of children getting up too early, and then everyone being too tired all day. But not this year thankfully.
    I remember ris a la malta in Sweden for julafton, yummy...
    At last the shortest day has come and gone, so we'll start seeing a difference by January, thankfully.
    Take care
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful poem! I will save it and read it to Ella next year.
    Have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God Jul Hege! Hope you had some cosy days. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥