Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in pictures

Another year has gone by so quikly... I feel like I haven't had time to do all the things I wanted to... But I guess that's just how it feels like each time we are about to start a new year. This year I'm not going to make any resolutions. Instead I'm going to look at the new as a sheet of white paper that I can colour and draw on as I wish :) In a norwegain song about a little boy that tries to draw a picture there is a line like this:

"Du ska få en dag i mårå som rein og ubrukt står, med blanke ark og farjestifter tel,
og da kæin du rette oppatt æille feil ifrå i går, og da får du det så godt i mårrå kveld."

"You will have a day tomorrow that clean and unused stands, with a blank sheet of paper and crayons,
and then you can correct all errors outstanding yesterday, and you'll feel well tomorrow night."

2010 in knitting & crochet

I've been making two collages using a free program Shape Collage. This one is showing all the things I've knitted and crocheted in 2010. I made 71 things all together :) Mostly socks this year too... I haven't joined any big kal's for next year. I've finally learned that all that comes out of it is me being grumpy ;) But I'm going to do the NaKniMitMo in January. Some of us really need new mittens :) I've also joined the 12in2011 group on Ravelry. It's not a kal, but a group to encourage each other to use up yarn and pattern we already have. I've made a list of 12 project I'm going to try to get done during next year. It might look like a boring list to some, not many challenging and big project going on. But these are things I've had in my queue for a long time and I really want to make them.
So do you have any big plans for what you'll make next year??

2010 in pictures

This is a collage made of some of the pictures I've taken during the year when we've been hiking and exploring the outdoors :) Looks like it's mostly winter pictures, but that is what it feels like up here in the north too... It seems like the year consist of 7-8 months of winter and cold and only 4-5 months of summer and warmth ;)

Hope you all will have a wonderful new year filled will good memories!!

10 comments:

  1. Ønsker deg og dine et riktig godt nyttår! Takk for følget i 2010, vi sees i 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er innom for å ønske deg et riktig Godt Nytt År!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Drops socks knitted at an angle look really interesting. I may have to queue them myself.

    I only set New Year's resolutions when it comes to knitting, but I don't get too attached to the idea that I have to meet the goal, I just see it as something to aim for. This year I tried to knit a pair of socks a month and I didn't quite make it, but it was fun trying and I have a lot of new socks. For 2011 I'm going to try to knit a sweater every two months. They're all queued up and I have the yarn set to go. I hope I make it, but even just 1 or 2 new sweaters would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had an amazing year! And a very productive one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how quick it's gone either - definitely going quicker as I get older! :) Your collage is impressive - I'd barely have enough projects to do one for 2010! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for bringing up mitten month- I just joined!

    I love your collage! You're such a productive knitter, I'm kind of envious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Så mye du har fått laget - og gjort!!
    Godt nytt år til deg og dine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Henger meg på og ønsker deg et riktig godt nytt år, Hege! Blir fint å følge deg og familien inn i 2011 også. Blanke ark er min følselse for det nye året, og ja, jeg kvier meg også å skrive for mye forhåndssbestemt. Jeg vet at kommer februar er jeg lysten på å ta ting på sparket og følge nye strøminger, - i hvert fall har det vært slik i flere år nå.

    Lykke til i 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on having managed to knit so much, especially socks, but I see hats and shawls and other stuff in there too,
    and thanks so much for sharing your photos and stories with us this past year!
    Happy New Year to you and de dina,
    hoppas ni har ett mye Godt Nytt År!!
    mixing my languages there...
    regards
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year, Hege. Your collage is very nice. You had a productive year in 2010! I'm not making any resolutions this year either.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥