Friday, July 29, 2011

Cloudberry picking

Cloudberry picking

Eirin and I headed out in the forest this afternoon looking for cloudberries. In Norway cloudberries is known as the gold among berries. Everyone have their own secret bog. This year is a good year for cloudberries due to the warm summer we have had. We hoped for lots of cloudberries, but someone have been out picking before us... So we just found about 1 liter. But it's enough since I am the only one that eats cloudberries in this household ;)

Looking for frogs

By a little stream Eirin found a tiny little frog :)

Tiny frog


Cloudberries

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen a cloudberry before. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned something new today! I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I have never seen or heard about cloudberries but they look delicious. I love all sorts of berries but my favourite is raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful. In Newfoundland we call them Bakeapples.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥