Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rainy day activity

Rainy day activity - making books

The rain has poured down the last few days. It's been cold and winsy with just around 7 C. So we have only been a few short trips outside... So we have to come up with something fun to do insied ;) I've had some undecorated books, paper and stuff for decoration laying around for days like this. So Endre and Eirin made a book each today :) It's white paper inside the books which they can draw on.

The kids have made books


The kids have made books


The kids and I have made note books :)

When they made the books, I came to remember that we have made books before. In December, and I never blogged about them...

Moms little helpers in the kitchen. "Lapskaus" for dinner

We gathered around the kitchen table later in the day as well. The kids helped me cutting vegetables for dinner. On cold, windy fall-like day like today, we have to have some comfort food. So we made "lapskaus" or stew in english :)

11 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. Sounds like a fabulous day to me and dinner looks amazing :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the journals! What a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for by grand babies get big enough for me to do things like this with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea with the journals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books are lovely! And those sausages look delicious. I love stews, or all one pot dinners. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those are neat craft projects! My boys would love that. :)

    Our weather has been wet and cool too. So far we've only had 2 weeks of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea of creating fancy covers for simple books!

    Love your blog - guided here by an article in a knitting magazine!

    I'm going to go exploring to see what other treasures you have here! ;-)

    Sue The Knitting Assassin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, again! Your blog is highlighted in 'Simply Knitting' - this edition (Issue 83, August 2011) on page 71

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little tiny cutting boards! Good skills for your children.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥