Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

No one we knew was killed or injured in the attack on Friday. And although we have tried to shield the kids from news broadcasts, etc., they know what has happened. It is in these situations, it appears how different they are. While some of them do not think so much about it, there are some who think and ponder. And I think it's hard to explain how it is possible that a person can be so vicious. And not least, I think it is difficult to promise that something like this will not happen again ...
Many have said and written about what has happened, but for me I think this statement says it all.

When one man could cause so much evil - think about how much love we can create together.

And life must go on, so even though it feels like the days have stood still, it's Wednesday again and time for Yarn Along and WIP Wednesday.

DSCN5430

Reading: I finished The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber last night. And even though I was sure the end would not be a happy end, it surprised me. Not by being happy, but by being surprising. I've pulled out a book that's been laying on my shelf for a long time. I read a couple of chapters before other books took it's place. Queen of Swords is the 5th book in the Into the Wilderness seris by Sara Donati. I love this series! And I'm not sure why I put this book aside... but I look forward to read more about the Bonner family and their strong women.

Crocheting: My potholders are done. Eirin's socks is also off the needles, but I'llblog about them later ;) The shawl... well, I've ripped it. I casted off the other day, but it was too small... I really regret not casting on more stitches... So I'm looking for the inspiration to cast on again. Instead I've started to seam together the blanket I've been crocheting from leftover sock yarn. It might not be the prettiest thing I've made, but I love it and hope to have it finished soon :) I haven't made any progress on the cowl, but I might finish it before the months is over due to Project Spectrum ;)

So, what are you knitting/crocheting and reading this week??

14 comments:

  1. I think your sock blanket will look great - and a cool reminder of all the different things you made with each yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the design and colors of the leftover sock yarn blanket! That is so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Project spectrum is a really neat idea. I almost wish I'd done the blue shrug I have queued this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you and everyone touched by last week's horrible events, and am touched by that quote, too. Those books sound wonderful! After reading the entire Little House on the Prairie series this year, I could really go for a grown up version :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a blanket for my Dad from all the left overs from the garments I had made for the family. So he has a piece of all of us with him whenever he is under it.

    It's such a good idea to use up the left overs! And it makes more room for more stash to accumulate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not the prettiest thing you've made? I think its gorgeous! It's a great use of leftovers, and every piece is a little surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very true quote.

    I think your blanket is pretty and such a great idea to use up leftover yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such nice squares! The variegation really is a nice effect spiraling through the middle circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quote. I cannot believe someone could do something so horrible. I could only imagine how hard it would be for a child to fathom. I will have to check out that series. I loved Little House on the Prairie as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought of you when I heard of the terrible tragedy. I'm so glad that no one you know was hurt.

    The crochet squares look great!!! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quote - I think it's perfect for when anything bad happens in the world.

    I can't wait to see the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sock blanket is looking great! I can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the sock blanket. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that blanket will be amazing. I love things knit or crocheted from left over yarn. It always has such a fabulous look to it. Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥