Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Im afraid the picture is very much like the one I had last Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday... We've had so much great weather so we've been outdoors alot and the kids was back to school on Monday, so there hasn't been much knitting. It was Endre's first day at school :) Just can't believe my little boy has turned 6 and are in school already...

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Knitting: Still working on Eirin's sweater and the red socks.  I have started the first sleeve and it goes rather fast to knit it when I put my mind to it ;) So I hope to have it done before next Wednesday... The socks is almost done. It's a easy pattern to remember, so I don't have to look at the chart all the time ;)

Reading: I know I'm still readingThe Endless Forest, but I'm trying to make it last as long as I can knowing it's te last book in the series... I finished The Aviary Gate last week, and I really like it. It has it all, mystery, history and a love story, all the things I like in one book! When I was at the library last week I picked up Memoirs of a Geisha and couldn't put it down! I loved it!
I've started to read before bedtime for the two youngest again now that we're back to some routines again with the school and early mornings. Eirin and I are reading Tyver, trøbbel og en lysende komet (Thieves, trouble and a bright comet). The book is about Tessa who has a father in a frame on the wall and a mother who never bear to stay long in one place. And now, they sure is moving again. This time to a cabin in the wilderness with the local prison as its nearest neighbor. This is the start of a humorous, warm and exciting story that includes a dog that resembles a wolf, an escaped prisoner and a car full of fish - not to mention a comet!

For Endre I'm reading Den store Ruffen boken (The big book about Ruffen). We're reading a big book with six stories about Ruffen, but the story Ruffen: The Sea serpent that couldn' swim is in english :) Ruffen is a sea serpent that can't swim. But one day he meets an octopus that will teach him :) And after he has learned to swim he swim out on lots of adventures. He travels to Scotland to visit his aunt Nessie and to Japan to save a dragongirl to mention a few :) This is stories I remember from I was a child and I love the illustrations made by Thore Hansen.


Ruffen even has a grandmother who knits - how cool is that!! She's thinking: Knit two, purl one :)

13 comments:

  1. Eirin's sweater is going to be fantastic! Love it :o) c x

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I guess you can't complain about great weather! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great weather always tops knitting! You all needed to get out and enjoy it.

    The first day of school is always exciting (especially when it's your very first day). Hope they are enjoying the week so far.

    The Ruffen stories sound so cute. I love the illustration of the knitting grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree enjoy the weather while you can. It's getting warmer here in the RSA so that means it can't stay your side of the world much longer. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear me! Ruffen's grandmother is fantastic! What a great illustration :-) I'm so excited! I might be able to find a few Ruffen stories here...including the Sea Serpent Who Couldn't Swim. Delightful. I've also tracked down The 10th Kingdom...just waiting for it to be returned to our video store. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm following along to see the sweater finished; it's just too darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great weather and outdoor fun always trumps knitting!

    I love the knitting cartoon grandma.. that's be me on day, just without a tail!

    ~laughs~ Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved "Memoirs of a Geisha," too. Love the red socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful knitting! enjoy your lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweater is looking perfect, the colours are gorgeous.
    But red socks - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to let you know that I gave you The Versatile Blogger Award today...head over to my place to see what you've won! ;-) I can't wait to see what you think about Giants in the Earth. And guess what I stumbled across at the library today?? The 10th Kingdom on DVD! Free rental...yahoo! I was surprised to find it in the kid's section though...maybe just miss shelved. At any rate, I'm going to watch a bit now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Den boka om Ruffen har jeg fra min egen barndom. Koselige bilder ja :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥