Thursday, June 26, 2008

Socks - again ;)

bedsocks1

I've for a long time wanted to knit the Bed sock, and now they are off the needles :) Mine are knitted in cotton, and it looks like they will be my new summersocks.

bedsocks2

I casted on 60 st, though the pattern required 78 which would be decreased to 72 st. I tried that, but the leg got too loose.

bedsocks3

So I had to improvise with the heel. And I really love the heel. I think it's the first time I've knitted the heel with the same pattern as for the leg...

Pattern: Bed Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks (Ravel it)
Yarn: 100 g Opal Petticoat Cotton # 1342
Needles: 2,75 mm

socks

And I'm done with some of the x-mas present! These socks are for my nephews.
Knitted in Opal Acapulco on needles 2,5 mm. Size 2 and 3 years.
Even though I love to knit socks, I promise that my next FO will be something other than socks :o)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really like those socks! I have seen the pattern before, but it must have been in the wrong color or something because, after seeing yours, I want to make a pair for me now.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥