Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Loving Photo Week - Day 2


hegg1

Summer Smells

To me there is a lot of smells that is summer.

Going by the bird cherry and breathe in it's sweet scent. When we moved in here it was just a tiny little bush, but it has grown the last years and is now a big tree. This year it is full of flowers.

I hang my laundry out to dry all year round, and in the summer it has its own smell. It might sound silly, but each season has its own scent ;)

Sniffing in the scent of my kids hair and skin after a day in the sun. It's a mix of sun, suncream, warmt and them.

Going to bed and smell the bedsheet after they've hanged out the window to air. Just have to sleep good!

The fresh air after a rainfall.

Going to the beach and smell the ocean.

Having a barbeque.

Hike and smell the different scents of the forest, the bog and the moor.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, there are many smells in summer I like. Fresh dried bedsheets is one of them. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so agree! Each season DOES have its own scent. And the smells of summer are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, the smell of summer - freshly cut grass, salty sea air, strawberries warmed by the sun....

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing better than the smell of clothes dried on a line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh-happy birthday Eirin! I've been out of town for the past several days. Such cute pictures. I agree, each season has its own smell-I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the smell of my kids in the summer - lotion, sun, warmth.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥